Gender reveal at 16 weeks?

alyssa.s

Reaction score
Going back to the elective ultrasound place for the third time to confirm that our little guy actually is a little guy. Is it safe to do a gender reveal at this time?? Or should I wait until we go to the next doctor appointment at 20 weeks? I will be 16+5 when we go on Saturday!

I don't know. I think it depends on confident (and experienced) the tech is. I've seen some people get it wrong at their 16-week scans, but all the pictures I've seen afterward were kind of unclear. I think that if there is a very clear penis or labia, then a mistake is less likely.

That said, we had our gender confirmed at 16 weeks (girl)... But I was too nervous to believe it until we had our 19 week scan. And then our 23 week scan. And just recently our 27 week scan. LOL! I think I'm pretty confident now, but I've still only purchased one girl outfit and two bows. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get everything else soon enough.

I've never done a gender reveal, though, so I can't say for sure when I would choose to do it. If its the type of reveal where YOU don't know what it is until the party, then I'd probably do it sooner rather than later. But I'm pretty impatient about that sort of thing. ;)

I'm pretty sure that by 17 weeks, (One of my boys at 16+5) there will be a definite penis.
Or at least something between the legs:haha: .
I wish I could say that I've personally done a real gender reveal. My third has been a shy one and has been so curled up, no one can tell even with a potty shot.

Generally I think it's safe. It's actually not as common as people think for them to get it wrong.

I wish I had a gender reveal party, but not enough people in my life to warrant having one.

I was 16+1 at my gender scan and they got it wrong - they told me boy and she's a little girl. The potty shot wasn't as clear as I hoped to see, but the woman said she was sure baby was a boy and apparently she's an experienced sonographer who lectures about the subject too. Generally, though, I think they are usually accurate with a clear view of the genitals and a good sonographer xxxxxxx

I would also say it depends on how clear the pictures were. I went for a private gender scan at 15+2 and he is definitely a boy lol so I was comfortable revealing to friends and family

The scans are pretty clear at this place. Like I've gotten better pics here than my hospital scans. I'm definitely going to know, I couldn't possibly wait. But hubby and I are big on hockey so I made this ball that will explode with colored powder to reveal gender. We planned on just videoing it and putting it on Facebook. I won't have a party because I hate attention and get nervous around big groups. I am still preparing for baby shower!

Here he is! Looks pretty clear to me!

https://i63.tinypic.com/2hhoifp.jpg

Congratulations! Definitely looks like a boy!

Congratulations!!

I had gender scans at 16 weeks for both mine. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"