Gender Reveals? Parents finding out with family?

LaFemmeBoheme

Reaction score
Hi! :hi:

I am a little early to be visiting second tri but this is where my answers will be!

Before I was planning to be pregnant I was mildly fascinated by the notion of a gender reveal but I don't know, practically, how a scanning person may react to being asked to tick a box and seal an envelope so that we could find out alongside family.

I guess, realistically, if you are going to do it it is easier to find out yourselves as parents then do a reveal?

Has anyone done one or is anyone planning to?

I am happy to hear from non UK people but if anyone has broached it at a UK scan that would be good to know too! :kiss:

For both of our babies, we've asked our scanner to circle a piece of paper and to seal it in an envelope. Both times, they were more than thrilled to do so and we're careful using their pronouns (he/she).

With DD1, we went somewhere special and opened the envelope together. Since it was Christmas time, we ordered 'It's a girl' Christmas ornaments and sent them to our parents. They weren't patient with waiting, but they thought it was a special keepsake.

With DD2, we hosted a gender reveal party and found out with our family and friends. I loved this! We had a local shop blow up a black balloon filled with blue/pink confetti and we popped it at the party. It was so much fun.

Hope you find something that works for you. It certainly is a special time and you'll remember it no matter what you decide to do.:thumbup:

For both of our babies, we've asked our scanner to circle a piece of paper and to seal it in an envelope. Both times, they were more than thrilled to do so and we're careful using their pronouns (he/she).

With DD1, we went somewhere special and opened the envelope together. Since it was Christmas time, we ordered 'It's a girl' Christmas ornaments and sent them to our parents. They weren't patient with waiting, but they thought it was a special keepsake.

With DD2, we hosted a gender reveal party and found out with our family and friends. I loved this! We had a local shop blow up a black balloon filled with blue/pink confetti and we popped it at the party. It was so much fun.

Hope you find something that works for you. It certainly is a special time and you'll remember it no matter what you decide to do.:thumbup:

Awww I love this! I am very tempted to try and go along these lines; even if only so that the kids can find out at the same time as us :D

I have found out myself at mine, but when I went to Hello Baby in St Helen's, they offer to have a Gender Reveal Cake or Heartbeat Bear which can be wrapped as part of the package. I'm sure most places would be fine with you asking not to know at the time xxxxx

We found out at our scan, then did a mini gender reveal to our boys and my mum, i got some red balloons with white hearts all over them, and some glitter and filled the two balloons up, one for each boy, and make them pop them over their heads, :) i filmed it and let some people see it on facebook. It was great fun for the boys xxx I am too lazy to be more elaborate than that, and too impatient too.

I have found out myself at mine, but when I went to Hello Baby in St Helen's, they offer to have a Gender Reveal Cake or Heartbeat Bear which can be wrapped as part of the package. I'm sure most places would be fine with you asking not to know at the time xxxxx

Ooooh that is handy to know about more local practices! I didn't even think about it being part of an additional scan package; how many weeks were you when you went there?

We found out at our scan, then did a mini gender reveal to our boys and my mum, i got some red balloons with white hearts all over them, and some glitter and filled the two balloons up, one for each boy, and make them pop them over their heads, :) i filmed it and let some people see it on facebook. It was great fun for the boys xxx I am too lazy to be more elaborate than that, and too impatient too.

That sounds gorgeous!

I think if I do a reveal it will be a smaller one but possibly film it too. I flipping love gender reveals!

That sounds gorgeous!

I think if I do a reveal it will be a smaller one but possibly film it too. I flipping love gender reveals!

It was too cute, especially as my 10 year old said "what we are actually getting a girl for once..." lol he has autism and can be really cute haa!

My nhs sonographer was happy to oblige 2 weeks ago. Took a pen blank paper and envelope to make things easier was very exciting to leave with it in an envelope although I have no idea how we waited four hours to open it with dd!!!

I did read online beforehand that not everywhere will so we were prepared that we still wanted to find out so would still have had her tell us.

We just opened it as a family at home with dd1 and had hoped she could read it to us as we'd just asked her to write girl or boy but she's written "it's a boy congratulations x" so no wonder dd was confused (she's only 4.5). She turned the paper to us to read. Her first words were "but I wanted a sister" lol but it was lovely to involve her.

My friends last year found out in person then told their mothers and they did a gender reveal party with a big box of pink balloons which they opened to reveal to close friends and family. It was really special to be a part of.

Good luck hopefully you have a nice sonographer xxx

With my second pregnancy we asked the ultrasound person to just tell my husband and they refused and said we both had to know so we didn't bother. This time at the same hospital we asked again and they agreed to just tell my husband and not me. I really think on the NHS it depends who you get. You can always pay for a private scan if you have no luck at 20w scan.

My nhs sonographer was happy to oblige 2 weeks ago. Took a pen blank paper and envelope to make things easier was very exciting to leave with it in an envelope although I have no idea how we waited four hours to open it with dd!!!

I did read online beforehand that not everywhere will so we were prepared that we still wanted to find out so would still have had her tell us.

We just opened it as a family at home with dd1 and had hoped she could read it to us as we'd just asked her to write girl or boy but she's written "it's a boy congratulations x" so no wonder dd was confused (she's only 4.5). She turned the paper to us to read. Her first words were "but I wanted a sister" lol but it was lovely to involve her.

My friends last year found out in person then told their mothers and they did a gender reveal party with a big box of pink balloons which they opened to reveal to close friends and family. It was really special to be a part of.

Good luck hopefully you have a nice sonographer xxx

Ahh that is how I hoped it would be possible, with paper and envelope but had visions of the sonographer being a bit odd about it!

My dating scan is next Monday so may ask about it all then :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->