Gender scan question?

jinxii

Reaction score
For those of you who have had it done at 16 weeks, was it abdominal or vaginal? I am paying for a private gender scan early (doc does it at 19 weeks) so it isn't an actual doctor. I think it would freak me out if it was a vaginal scan... I barely tolerate doctors poking around down there. Although I've definitely adjusted since being pregnant!

I've never heard of anyone have a trans-vaginal scan that late on, I didn't even have one at 6 weeks with my daughter. I think it's only used in very early pregnancy.

I've only had a trans vaginal at 8 weeks and before. I am sure at that point it would be an abdominal.

Excellent! I had vaginal scans several times before even getting pregnant (fertility treatment) then at 9 weeks, and then my 12 week was supposed to be abdominal but baby wasn't cooperating so it turned into a vaginal scan. I'll be happy if everyone can just quit poking around down there for a while!

it will be abdominal. at your 20 week scan at your doctors, they will do a transvaginal after the abdominal, just to measure the length of your cervix, though!

I've never had my cervix measured, is that common in the USA?

I don't recall having my cervix measured with my first.

Private scans should be abdominal. I had a private scan at 12 weeks with my first and it was abdominal. Really low, but still abdominal.

I also just had a private scan this week at 17w5d and it was abdominal again. My babies are already high, so abdominal works. Though they were barely cooperative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->