Gender selection?

Right I would have loved a girl but I would never select the sex of my children, it just doesn't seem right
I was very disapointed when I found out Liam was a boy but I got over it and I love him to bits.

In response to a pp, I read something once that said more males are born than females (I think it's 105 boys to 100 girls or something) cos the male foetus is more fragile

If the family have actual medical reasons for selecting the gender - for example illnesses which are gender orientated that can be inherited etc (if there is a such thing, I really have no idea) then id say yeah for that sort of reason it should be legal. But for families wanting to just be choosy? Nope. I believe all babies are a blessing and we should be happy with what we get. Sure id love a little girl next, but if i have another son I will be over the moon as i already have an amazing little boy - another one would complete me just as much. <3

I am horrified to read people terminating pregnancies due to gender disappointment. Im sorry, but those people shouldn't be allowed to breed. How horrific. How on earth a person can sleep well at night knowing they killed their baby all because of the gender. A perfectly healthy baby girl. That makes me angry hearing about that, and emotional.

I'm sorry to sound heated, but reading that really effected me. I just don't get people like that.

I don't think I would define this as gender disappointment, though. None of the parents with gender disappointment that I have met would ever ever EVER have considered termination based on gender. It is more a term that describes their emotional state and adjustment to having a baby of the opposite gender than they were hoping for.
Termination and infanticide based on gender don't fall under the same term.
Not to be pedantic or to pick at your post, but it's just that I think the parents on this forum who are dealing with that would feel pretty upset to have it associated with the kind of screwed-up stuff that is happening in places like China or India, which is pretty much socially-acceptable femicide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->