gender....

robinbatman

Reaction score
im not sure whether to find out the gender, i know i have 6 weeks to decide but i still am worrying about making the wrong decision...
anyone else feel this?

the husband really wants to know.

I'm hoping I'll have the willpower to stay team yellow, but I'm still gonna have them write down the gender and put it in an envelope, in case I change my mind. But really, I'm just putting it off cuz I'm worried about gender disappointment.

If you think he can keep a secret, you could do that.

I'm hoping I'll have the willpower to stay team yellow, but I'm still gonna have them write down the gender and put it in an envelope, in case I change my mind. But really, I'm just putting it off cuz I'm worried about gender disappointment.

If you think he can keep a secret, you could do that.

I'll probably do what you're going to do. im worried too, i want a boy and he wants a girl.
im not worried for me being disappointed, im worried for him. i really want him to get what he wants, he deserves it.

In my experience it never works one of you knowing. He will say 'he' or 'she' about the baby or give things away somehow and you will drive yourself mad with overthinking things he has said, and it's so easy for him to drop clues accidentally. If you aren't sure then stay team yellow and you can always change your mind and find out. Or book a gender scan in for 8 months or something as a compromise? Something to look forward too but also plenty of time to wait! Personally I found out before and I will again, I find it helps me bond better with the baby but it's totally personal to you, you won't ever be disappointed when your baby is here! X

I think you should both know, or not know. Would be a bit strange if only one of you knows:)

I decided that I want to know, just so I can get ready. I have one of each already, and no more bedrooms in the house, so the new baby would have to share a room eventually with either its brother or sister depending who it is. I am planning to put the babys stuff there before it comes.. Also to prepare the kids- my girl wants a sister and boy a brother!

I wish we could wait until this baby is born to find out gender. My husband really wants to find out, though, so unless we can convince baby to be shy at the anatomy ultrasound, we'll end up finding out. First pregnancy I was convinced we were having a little girl--right up until I saw a penis on the ultrasound. I was so disappointed, but got used to the idea of a boy and now can't imagine anything better than being his mama. Dreams come true when you become a parent--even when it's not in the way you expect.

I've always wanted to wait to find out, but my OH wants to know. I've told my ultrasound tech a few times not to tell me, and they say, "Okay, if you don't want to know, look away now!" and I'll look at the screen anyway and say, "ANOTHER BOY? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" I have 3 boys and one girl. :) I'd like to stay team yellow this time, but who am I kidding? I'll look again.

I don't want to find out but my husband does. I doubt he'll be able to get the day off work to come to my scan so looks like I will get my way :)

With my first, I was certain she was a boy and wanted a boy. I was worried that if I didn't find out and went 9 months thinking it was a boy, for it to be born a girl, that when the disappointment would come. I know that, once baby is born, I probably wouldnt care, but I just needed to know. If you have a preference either way, it might be best knowing so you, and OH, can prepare.

With my first, I was certain she was a boy and wanted a boy. I was worried that if I didn't find out and went 9 months thinking it was a boy, for it to be born a girl, that when the disappointment would come. I know that, once baby is born, I probably wouldnt care, but I just needed to know. If you have a preference either way, it might be best knowing so you, and OH, can prepare.

We were convinced dd1 was a boy! Everyone said it the way I was carrying etc! When we found out we were a bit shocked but only for about 5 minutes! Then we had to go back to the drawing board for names as we only had boys chosen. I will certainly find out for this one to see if I need to finally get rid of all the girls clothes I've been hoarding for 6.5 years or whether I'm starting from scratch!

Oh and I agree with people saying, it's not a good idea not to find out if you do have a preference. You should only go team yellow if you really don't mind what you get.
If you have a strong preference, and your baby in there is the other one, you are going to get gender disappointment - all you'll do by not finding out is put it off until potentially your baby is born. You probably still won't care because you'll be so happy, but there ARE some women who do care and who take gender disappointment hard. Whereas if you go through that at around 20 weeks, you have months to get over the feeling.

I was slightly hoping for a girl with my son but I wasn't overly bothered either way so boy was fine (and is perfect). This time round, I don't care - I'd want a girl for me to dress up but I'd want a boy to be best friends with my older son, so basically all I really want is a healthy baby! But my sister really wanted a girl with her second pregnancy and finding out she was having a boy hit her hard and affected bonding during the rest of her pregnancy. So if you have a preference, I really recommend finding out so that you can potentially get that out of the way. And if you get your preference, you'll be extra excited for the rest of your pregnancy!

I think that even if you find out early it's still a beautiful surprise and helps you to connect with your baby. Getting to know your baby better.

I did not have a gender preference but when I got pregnant with my first I had this gut feeling it was a boy and I kept thinking about a boy. At 12 weeks I had an NT ultrasound with high definition and the doctor made me guess... I said boy and she said yup. Delivered a boy. It was a joy finding out by ultrasound.

This pregnancy I have the same feeling that it's also a boy. Let's see if my feeling is right this time too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->