general anesthetic and caesarean

xTink24x

Reaction score
Hi

I am due my 3rd baby, 2nd section on the 25th October or there abouts, probably looking to be earlier as I am having mild contractions now at 29 weeks and I never carry full term

My last section I had as my daughter had stopped growing and the blood flow to the placenta was decreasing.

I was doing well at the start of the section but just after my daughter was delivered my spinal or epidural wore off and I started to feel everything and after what felt like hours of pain and them saying that there was blood everyhwere and I was going into shock, they decided to put me to sleep. I woke up and didnt know where I was that I had had the baby I was just so sleepy and out of it.
Im meeting with the anethetist in September to dicuss the options for delivery

Anyway I have a few questions

Has there been anyone that has a similar experience?
Would I be able to ask for a general anesthetic as I am petrified this happens again?

thanks

I have no experience with csection and general anesthetic, but my cousin does. She absolutely refused to have both her sections with a spinal. She had to look around, but finally found a doc that would put her completely under. She told me quite a few doc said no because the risks are higher with general. But she kept pushing and got someone to say yes. I think in your case you would find a doc that would say yes. Especially with the history of your first section. Just be persistent and really plead you case. Good luck!

Hi thank you for replying

I have heard that here in the UK and the hospital in Scotland that I am havong my baby at then they will do a general anesthetic for very difficult situations, I am hoping that after the last time then they understand where I am coming from. I will keep the forum updated xx

I have to have a general as local/spinal does not work for me. I tend to 'wake up' during procedures and become violent. I never remember it though. With my son, I said to the doctor (at the time of the c section) "if you want me to attack you in my sleep, lets go for the spinal". He said "lets do a general" lmao.. Will be having a general for this bub as well.

I had a section a year ago and it was noting like your experience. I was given the needle and didn't feel a thing. A couple hours after the section they moved me to my room and I was able to move from one bed to another. There was pain there but I was frozen enough to do it.

I know that some people tend to need more freezing than others, red heads for example. I would say just mention the situation to the doctor and have them monitor you to make sure that if you feel anything, they are able to give you more meds. I know I had the anesthesiologist there and he gave me meds to prevent fainting, they acted really quick. Not sure if they could do something similar with pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->