• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Genetics

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
How come Tom went to hospital and they took blood from me?? Haha

We had a genetics appointment. The confirmed all Tom's cromosones appear normal and there are no signs of any underlying condition which may have caused the SB. They think the SB was purely a freak and nothing to do with our genes, maybe even due to events that took place in early pregnancy.

In any event, they did a test to see if I do not absorb folic acid properly and told me to take a 10x strength dose daily whilst i am at risk of falling pregnant. They can't tell me what the risk is of me having another child with SB - it could be 5%, it could be 50%, but with my next pregnancy they will start checking the baby's back at 11 weeks. By 15 weeks, they will be able to rule out entirely severe forms of SB. By 20 weeks they will be totally sure that there is a minor form, or no form at all.

I suppose that is good news. I guess I will worry about it when I get to it!

I want genetic testing done on me. How do I go about it? I know theres no chance of me getting pregnant, but I would still like to know.

Tom was referred at birth and they did his cromosones without me even knowing about it! I think you should ask your paed.

Yeah I will do, we have paeds on the 17th I think it is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->