Gestational diabetes

iluvcocopops

Mum to Molly-Rose
Reaction score
I was tested at 15wks for Gestational diabetes following sugar found in my 12wk blood samples. Looking back I think it was a big cup of cappuccino that caused the high sugar count. Did the Gestational diabetes test & all came back clear.

Since then I've given urine samples at 16wks, 20wks & 22wks & all has been clear.

However at my recent 26wk appointment, my midwife said there was a small trace of sugar in my urine & said we will need to keep an eye on me for Gestational diabetes. I told her I've already been tested, but she said I might need tested again.

Has anyone else got the all clear from the Gestational diabetes test & still gone on to develop Gestational diabetes ??

It's most common to develop gdm in third trimester, and most people have a test around 26-28 weeks. Just because you're clear earlier doesn't mean you'll remain free of gdm.

I did an early glucose test bc I (slightly) failed my glucose test during my first pregnancy. My numbers came back perfect around 16 weeks.. but my doctor warned me even before the test that he is going to test me again at 28 weeks if it came back normal bc a lot of time it develops later in pregnancy.

I failed my glucose tolerance test at 26 weeks, but had never had sugar in my urine at any previous appointments. Also, several weeks before my GTT my mum was testing out her blood sugar kit on me and it was just over 7 shortly after a large tea and a Kinder Bueno bar about half an hour before. I doubt my gestational diabetes was present then, and most women who develop it tend to around 24-28 weeks. It's very possible to not have it at the end of first tri and then go on to develop it later.
Make sure they keep a close eye on it for you xxxxxx

I was honestly just thinking it was maybe due to the glass of coke & chocolate dessert I had the day before my urine test. Suppose I'll just have to see what happens at my next appointment...

If you had a lot of sugar the day before, it should have been well and truly cleared out of your body by the next day.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->