Gestone injections

Mrs Muggy

Reaction score
I've been on these horrible injections for 5 weeks now and i hate them!
my bum is so bruised and lumpy.
My fertility clinic are telling me that i need to stay on these injections till i'm 12 weeks but 3 doctors that i've seen back home are telling that i don't need to be on them! Aparently there is no evidence to support the taking of Gestone till 12 weeks. I'm also on the cyclogest pessaries.

Anyone else been in this situation?

Tans
xx

Yup, I have and I cried every night. It really is worth it though.

I used to use an ice pack beforehand to numb the area and that helped a little. My ACU also suggested using the thigh but I thought that hurt worse and I limped all over the place. That was embarassing. Had to tell people I'd pulled a muscle.

The stuff I'd heard about it at the time was that the jabs were better than the pessaries for getting the progesterone to the right spot. They told me 12 weeks but I was able to come off them around 10.5 weeks. When's your next appointment?

I wouldn't do anything that your fertility clinic are not recommending. Your bum will heal (I have a couple of little bruises - war wounds) and you'll forget the pain in time. When you look back it will seem like such a short time, I promise. I just had to remind myself every night why I was doing it and how much I wanted it. Have your DH on hand for a cuddle and with the tissues for the tears.

Look on the bright side, you'll be doing child birth in a few months time and that'll probably be worse ;) :hugs:

Hey Helen thanks for the reply...I to am crying everytime I have it injected.

My Fertility clinic have now handed me over to the NHS..i was going private in London because of the waiting list down here( i live right down in the south west) I have had my 7 week scan down here with the nhs and that was when i was first asked why i was still on them. I even had my own doctor research into it and also told me to come off.
And then I went to see the doctor last week about extreme dizziness and he also asked me why i was till on them.
I think i'll just stick with it...only another 3 weeks off very painfully injections boo hoo lol
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->