Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

Can I get suggestions on getting LO to re-latch? As you know we've had some problems and it is too the point where she won't latch almost at all and has mild flow-preference. Help me, I'll be damned if I'm giving up.

Someone put up this a few days ago...

https://www.babyandbump.com/breastfeeding/892535-baby-cant-relatch-mid-feed-both-us-distressed.html

Hopefully maybe there's some advice in there that's useful for you. Unfortunately I don't have anything extra to add.

Help my baby has not stopped feeding all day! She hasn't slept just constantly eating with 5 - 10 min naps then crying again until she goes back on the boob! She is 12 days old is this normal? Are there any hints to stop my nipples getting sore as I have had no issues with soreness till today, but being sucked so much is making them sore?

Thanks for any help/advice :)

Help my baby has not stopped feeding all day! She hasn't slept just constantly eating with 5 - 10 min naps then crying again until she goes back on the boob! She is 12 days old is this normal? Are there any hints to stop my nipples getting sore as I have had no issues with soreness till today, but being sucked so much is making them sore?

Thanks for any help/advice :)

It is completely normal! There is a huge growth spurt between 1-2 weeks of age. Do you have any lansinoh handy? If you do slather loads of it on before and after feeds-it is safe to leave on during a feed xx

Yep, normal.
In the early days I sat at home, feeding DD .. ALL day long.
This is good, it builds your supply to your babies needs!
I know it's very overwhelming but the first 6 ish weeks are like 1 big growth spurt.

I probably won't be on this thread any more. Thanks for all the help though.

Thanks :) its just all a bit overwhelming today! She has been really good till today eating every 3 hours and sleeping inbetween, but today it has just been a constant feed. It's just not comfortable for me at the min as I think I have pulled some of my stitches and I am very uncomfortable to sit down, :( so just a bit frustrated.

Thanks for the reassurance

Tink - could you feed while laying down in bed? That might be more comfy.
I know those first month / 2 months are so overwhelming , but your baby is growing so hard and their tummy is SO little , they have to eat a lot. That AND you're establishing your supply, too.
Just remember you're giving your baby the best start , and the every 30 min feeding demand will change soon .

Hi im in need of support.
Heres my story summarised.
My baby was born at 40+7 after ruptured membranes accured more than 48 hours before delivery after failed sweeps pessarie drip induction i failed tro dialate passed 6cm and ended up having c section at 1.57pm i got to breastfeed her maybe twice till they took her away to nicu she was nill by mouth for 3 or 4 days and i had to pump they told me my milk wont come in becoz i had a section so i pumped every hal hour to an hour determined id get my milk in! So babys fine now but i am still ill and in hosp for almost 2 weeks i have to much supplky and i am engored after 2hours without a feed and its hard to feed her when there so full but hand expressin doesnt do much for me. Im finding bf so hard especialy the fact im still ill i just feel like giving up sometimes ive been giving her expreed milk at night n breat and exxpressed doing the day i really want to succesfuly bf someone help me?

Are you feeding on demand? That's generally the rule of thumb :flower: I'm guessing the engorgement came from the frequent pumping. Hope we can help :) Are you home now?

Cold flannels on your boobs! Very soothing! Massage the sore bits and go with the feeding on demand... Hopefully it will only be a few days and your body will sync with babys needs....
Hope you are home and feeling better x

If youve been pumping every half an hour your body has decided that it needs to produce milk that often to accommodate. I would recommend still pumping at that time, but not draining the breast - literally just take out enough to make them feel comfortable again - after a few days your body will recognise that it doesnt need to make quite so much and should reduce it. If you want to reduce the amount of pump sessions, I'd take out the excess until you feel that you can leave it a bit longer between pumping but then do a longer one so you get more at that feed. Your body is pretty good at regulating once it establishes a pattern, its just getting that pattern sorted (then awful growth spurts happen but thats a different story ;-)) Sure you're doing well hon, just stick with it x

Sorry didnt realise this was a "Champion" forum ;-) I was just surfing and know Youngwife so thought I'd offer some advice, sorry ;-)

No worries :) It doesn't matter! Anyone that wants to offer assistance can :)

i have a blistered nipple does anyone know how long it takes to heal??? its so painful to nurse on that side and its getting full =[

Vegan, start expressing on that side. I had nipple blisters on my right nipple just after Kezzy was born. If you cannot nurse with it, express on that side when you feed on the other (hand express if the pump hurts) and just wait for it to heal. Mine took a day and a half to fully heal, but I was able to nurse within a day. xx

2 days ago i had a consultaiton at the breast clinic to get a small lump checked.eveydoby seemed to think it was pregnancy/BF related (milkduct or something) but thought it was best to double check just in case. doctor could not find much, sent me for a scan. they could not see much either,so decided to take a biopsy there and then:nope: i'm now waiting for the results.
doc said it would be ok to breastfeed, just make sure that there was no blood in the milk (which there was not) so I tried to BF normally (should say BF is still not going 100% ok, after TT and latching problems,but it was going much better) but something must be happening as that breast is getting very very full and painful. my LO is making lots of clicking noises again (he'd stopped after the TT division) and I'm not too sure if he's emptying the breast properly. i tried to hand express to release the pressure but it gets full again very quickly.
could this be due to the procedure??
i'm on my own at the moment,DH is away for today, didn't sleep last night as LO was screaming in pain after every feed. i feel i'm going to collapse, i can't stop crying. :cry:

Kosh I'm honestly not sure, are you using the other breast just as much?

oh hun i hope it eases for u soon and you get some sleep. x x

Kosh I'm honestly not sure, are you using the other breast just as much?

i think so. i usually offer one breast at a time.i might have got confused once and offered the same one twice, but still...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->