Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

Hi, my boobs are quite painful (constantly, not just when she's feeding). I've also been getting sharp pains across my middle back. They aren't red or swollen so I don't think it's mastitis, any ideas? xx

Hi, my boobs are quite painful (constantly, not just when she's feeding). I've also been getting sharp pains across my middle back. They aren't red or swollen so I don't think it's mastitis, any ideas? xx

Hmmm, have you been to see your doctor? How old is your LO? :flower:

Ladies I am officially back in the game HELL TO THE YES!

Hmmm, have you been to see your doctor? How old is your LO? :flower:

No, not been docs got my check next Friday so gonna mention it then. She's 4 weeks tomorrow x

Sounds like to me your body is getting used to producing milk. I remember being sore all over. If there is no red or swelling, I don't think it's mastitis.

Hi ladies. I have had two lumps (one small lump up high and one bigger lump under my nipple) for about 6 days. I didn't realize it was a problem until a couple days ago. My breasts were really engorged so I just thought the soreness was part of it. I've been trying over the last two days to get these lumps out (I'm assuming they're plugged ducts because I was engorged and had a hard time getting baby latched right) but nothing is working. I'm very frusterated. Are they ever going to come out?? I don't have a fever and I don't have any signs of matitis. Is it possible that they aren't blocked ducts? Thanks!

That's wonderful! Are you breastfeeding or expressing or a bit of both? I can't remember what you were doing before anyway.

Hi ladies. I have had two lumps (one small lump up high and one bigger lump under my nipple) for about 6 days. I didn't realize it was a problem until a couple days ago. My breasts were really engorged so I just thought the soreness was part of it. I've been trying over the last two days to get these lumps out (I'm assuming they're plugged ducts because I was engorged and had a hard time getting baby latched right) but nothing is working. I'm very frusterated. Are they ever going to come out?? I don't have a fever and I don't have any signs of matitis. Is it possible that they aren't blocked ducts? Thanks!

Does it hurt when baby feeds?
That'd be a sign of a blocked duct..
Try taking a hot shower, let the water run on your breast & massage from the lump to your nipple..

That's wonderful! Are you breastfeeding or expressing or a bit of both? I can't remember what you were doing before anyway.

We were forced to give her formula at 9 months, ebm and to keep trying to breastfeed (that was my choice) she ended up rejecting the breast, so for 3 weeks she would not latch at all. She latched the other night so we can get back into breastfeeding.

We were forced to give her formula at 9 months, ebm and to keep trying to breastfeed (that was my choice) she ended up rejecting the breast, so for 3 weeks she would not latch at all. She latched the other night so we can get back into breastfeeding.

Maybe it was just a nursing strike? Fantastic news though! Did your milk supply stand up through it all?

I wondered if anyone had any advice about constipation?!
My LO is 9 weeks, exclusively bf and as not done a poo since Wednesday evening.
I had heard bf babies rarely get constipation? She is sleeping, weeing and feeding fine but no poo! Every now and then she strains as if she s trying and goes very red but has not been too unhappy.
She has had a bit of a snuffly nose this week.
We have tried warm baths, cycling her legs, massaging her tummy and a warm hot water bottle on her tummy and back. Any advice?

Breastfed babies can go up to 10-14 days without pooping,
Breastmilk is very easily digested & doesn't produce much waste in some babies.

Exactly ^^ WSS! My lo went several days in the beginning between poos. Then it was every 3 or 4 days, now he goes twice a day usually where we've starting giving him solids.

Maybe it was just a nursing strike? Fantastic news though! Did your milk supply stand up through it all?

Nope. I'm on like 3 different tablets to keep some milk in there.

Maid i have a maternity pillow what position do u put baby in?

Il be honest i dread bf.. at the momment she has diareeah so shes feeding even more than a clusterfeeding baby would and my boobs r so sore and she feeds for so long i cnt actualy complete a feed at the momment i have to top her up with milk i pumped because i give up its so sore.. imtrying to stick at it but its so painful whatever posiition i do.. i only breastfeed her to keep her quiet while her bottles warmed or when were out im finding it hard..

Are you sure its diarrhea? Bf babies can poop after every feeding, & the poop is liquid.
Do you use nipple cream at all?
Maybe her latch is bad because she prefers bottles (easier) & she has a bit of nipple confusion?

Does it hurt when baby feeds?
That'd be a sign of a blocked duct..
Try taking a hot shower, let the water run on your breast & massage from the lump to your nipple..

Yes it does hurt while she is nursing. A sharp pain. I've been massaging before she latches and it doesn't seem to help. I will try the shower. Do blocked ducts always turned into matitis? thank u for the help!

So relactation has been going great I'm now pump up to around two of her four bottles a day (14oz) plus whatever she gets through nursing, very pleased now it's totally worth it! Now though I'm having a really hard time getting her to latch onto the left breast, it's like a fight every time and I don't want her to associate breastfeeding with frustration now when we're doing so well. Also I want to continue giving all her feeds through the supplemental nursing system I have. I've tried some different positions but not much luck any advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->