Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

:hugs:thanks tricia! you have been so awesome to me. he hasnt been eating as much the past few days. a couple days after i started block feeding last week he slowed down a bit. think he is finally getting to the fat so staying full and not trying to eat to help his tummy ache. he is just always on there cuz he keeps chewing after he is asleep. i know from my FF babies what he will be like when he gets ready for his spurt and he isnt crazy eating like that. i didnt up their formula just fed them more often for the first few months. he will be 6 weeks tuesday, so anytime now he will start :flower:

eta: im certain he was having fore/hindmilk imbalance and not a growth spurt. his symptoms were very characteristic of the imbalance. i just didnt realize until i started researching it. i know around 6-8 weeks my supply will regulate to him too :)
you know your baby best hun, it was just a thought x x

thanks hun, i definitely appreciate it! i would have thought that if he was just eating a lot. he is having very runny poo and diaper rash (sometimes green), spitting up a ton but eating more, crying while he eats, burping/gassy all day, crying while trying to poop, choking while he eats, and i had a massive oversupply. i used to be a psychologist/sociologist before i became a sahm, but im still a research lover at heart. so i research things like crazy when i think somethings wrong. i researched this to death thinking he must have had an allergy.

Im cramping all day like my af is about to come, I didnt think it would come back so soon with ebfing?

oh no tricia! i hope it doesnt. im hoping to not see mine for a good long time. maybe its not coming on yet. i read an article talking about having cramps off and on but af not starting while ebf

Ive had cramps on & off but no AF yet !
DD is 1 year old!
But we also babywear & cosleep.

Yep I agree with laying down to feed! Awesomeness :)

I have started to lay down over night now, it makes me so more relaxed. it's lovely.

I am trying out different positions, and different latches to see what's best for us, i think that we are getting somewhere slowly, it's stopped hurting as much now at least.

Thank you for your advice ladies. :thumbup::thumbup: xxxx

i cosleep, baby wear was feeding around teh clock and AF got me at 3 months PP! :( boo! Has been regular since even though we still BF and cosleep :(

I had my first AF 9 weeks PP and been regular ever since. EBF on demand, part-time co-sleeping and baby-wearing. Sometimes you just start back early. I haven't noticed much of a problem with supply either.

my supply will go down slightly during AF but not noticeable to LO. just because i pump at work do i notice...but it has never really bothered my LO since she always is able to get more from nursing than i can pump

On the topic of AF when i first had to stop BF lo my period returned pretty quickly but now pretty far into this relactation business she has disappeared again for almost 50 days now. I was wondering if that's any kind of a good sign that my milk production is picking up well.

after all the really really bad cramps yesterday i am fine today is that normal?? I was crippled yesterday evening.

tricia- :hugs: i hope its normal and you stay better!

my LO will be 6 weeks on tuesday and when i FF my other ones i started af at 6 weeks. hope it stays away :af:

I found I was super crampy a few weeks before my AF arrived again. Could just be a sign that things are beginning to return to normal :flower:

Hi ladies, so i'm having problem with my milk supply on the left, everytime i feed LO he gets unhappy and cries during a feed on my left, then come off, i keep latching him on, and he does the same, i always assumed it was because he'd finshed etc, but i've notice that my supply seems really low.. could it be that he's not get enough which is why he's crying??

I expressed last night for 1 hour and 40 min and managed to get just under 4 oz, the last oz was the longest, i did it again this morning for an hour and only got 2oz, and my breast feels really empty and flat!

I am sat here looking down at my breast and they are clearly lopsided!

Why would i have a much better supply in my right than my left?

How often should i feed him and express to increase it back again?

I have started combi feeding as well, as i'm just not making enough for LO and he seems constantly hungry!

I am wanting to breast feed, but i'm finding it increasingly difficult...

He's due another feed soon, should i offer the left, even though i've just expressed? would that help?

Any help would be great!!
xx

laura- wish i could help. :hugs: the only time i was lopsided was from feeding on one side all night. it made the supply in the other side low. i just fed off the other side one night and it seems better. hope you get some answers. my best guess (not based on expertise of course) would be to pump a lot on that side, even if nothing is coming out. maybe feed on that side til baby pulls off then pump while you feed on the other side? :shrug:

my little guy has an upper lip tongue :( some of our other kids have it and mason has it too. i have to be real careful with each latch or i get sore

My week of taking it is up on Tuesday, and I have not increased milk supply at all.

I've had no side effects, including the lactation. I'm in the hospital with baby, using a medela symphony and only able to pump 1 oz total, putting baby to breast every 3 hours max. Weighing baby before and after each feed. She's getting anywhere from 4mL to 50mL. What is wrong with my body?! :cry:

Laura--it's quite common for one breast to produce more milk than the other. My right one usually does too, on occasion it will switch to the left though.

At your LO's age, he will want to nurse all the time! It's completely normal. All that sucking isn't just because he's hungry too, it helps build up your supply to feed him when he's an older baby. Keep putting him to the breast every time he wants and leave him there for as long as he wants. Either cut out the formula straight away, or gradually cut it down. The formula he gets will impact your supply. As for getting your supply equal on both sides, I don't know if it's possible. As I've said, I've always had an imbalance. It may change again as your lo gets older and he's built up your supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->