Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

shelbie1313 - this is not going to be overly helpful - but LO will be able to sense your frusteration/anxiety about the upcomming feed - and i know that in the beginning when i had a few issues, forcing myself to destress/relax really seemed to help, because it calmed LO down and things went a bit more smoothly - just something else to keep in mind.

futuremama88 - sorry to hear this. I dont really have any advice, im sure the other girls will. is it potentially a supply issue? is the milk not coming fast enough? could you try to manually express just to the point of let down, then try to latch LO and see if that helps? i know when my let down takes a long time (sometimes its takes FOREVER) my DD gets mad and frusterated.

shelbie1313 - this is not going to be overly helpful - but LO will be able to sense your frusteration/anxiety about the upcomming feed - and i know that in the beginning when i had a few issues, forcing myself to destress/relax really seemed to help, because it calmed LO down and things went a bit more smoothly - just something else to keep in mind.

futuremama88 - sorry to hear this. I dont really have any advice, im sure the other girls will. is it potentially a supply issue? is the milk not coming fast enough? could you try to manually express just to the point of let down, then try to latch LO and see if that helps? i know when my let down takes a long time (sometimes its takes FOREVER) my DD gets mad and frusterated.

I know that I have milk because I pump every day and I try to feed her EBM rather than formula as much as possible. But I still want her to drink from my breast though and stop with all these bottles. I will try doing that too though, thanks.

its good you have kept your supply up through pumping!! what about positioning - i say this a lot on here, but have you tried nursing laying down (although you say about LO falling asleep already). Maybe just finding a better position for you both?

Just wondered if anyone had any advice?
My LO is 15 weeks old and has been bf since birth. It has gone well so far and she has put on good weight.
She has always been a sicky baby and had a lot of trapped wind, raising her legs during the night to pass wind!
Over the last couple of weeks she has been writhing and struggling while bf'ing, bucking away from the breast and then crying. At first this was just at the lunchtime feed but it is now most daytime feeds, her sickness has increased and weightloss slowed. The HV says she may have reflux but I'm thinking she may be allergic to something I'm eating as its worse sometimes?
When she's struggling I try burping her for a few minutes, then she is usually sick and I try her again, sometimes a trump stops her struggling.
I'm worried about her weight gain as she's now dropped below 50th centile and bf'ing used to be relaxing and she was easily nursed to sleep, now it's uncomfortable or us both and I then have to rock her to sleep after.
I don't want to stop. Any ideas?

hmm, i'd have suggested wind too, if its something shes allergic to i'd have though the reaction would have been a bit after the feed, not during iykwim. Have you tried burping her before feeds? regardless of whether she seems to be in pain just try and get any gas up, then def do it again between breasts.

otherwise try keeping a food diary of what you eat and see if there is a pattern.

but i'm no expert in this, hopefully someone else can help more! :hugs: xx

I'm not an expert but it sounds like it might be a cow's milk protein intollerance. You could try eliminating dairy from your diet for a couple weeks to see if it helps. I know there are others who check this thread that have gone through this so hopefully they'll chime in.

Thinking of relactating. Thinking I'm going insane xD

I know that I have milk because I pump every day and I try to feed her EBM rather than formula as much as possible. But I still want her to drink from my breast though and stop with all these bottles. I will try doing that too though, thanks.

I'd suggest lots of skin to skin. Get a sling, bathe together too. Keep going tho, my LO took 10w to latch but it was amazing when he did

Thinking of relactating. Thinking I'm going insane xD

How successful were you at it before? Does domperidone and fenugreek help?

I think the issue wasn't so much the boosters, but the pump. My body doesn't react to the pump as well as it probably should and so my supply plummeted and all but disappeared. Domperidone helped a tiny bit, but fenugreek and blessed thistle didn't do much, even though I still have some in the cupboard. I did notice beer had a slight tendency to help, but I hate beer :dohh:

I think if you're going to consider it, you might as well go the whole way and rent or buy a hospital-grade pump. I don't respond well to a pump either and I have the Medela Swing. I know it will come in handy when I'm back to work though, at least just to stimulate milk flow if I'm gone for any longer than 3 or 4 hrs.

yes i agree with maggs renting a hospital pump to see if you are able to relactate. best of luck :hugs:

The hospital pumps worked worse than the Avent electric and manual :rofl:

Hi, I'm after some advice if poss please?

I have to go back to work full time in three weeks and LO won't be weaned. At this stage I'm planning on expressing for her day feeds. She will be at nursery two days a week and with my mum three days a week. However, I'm a teacher so am only back at work for six weeks and then it's summer holidays (jammy I know :winkwink:) so she'll only be at nursery two days during the holidays.

What I'm not sure of is if I have to replace my home feeds with a bottle or if I can continue bf her when I'm at home (mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays)?

Thanks so much xx

Meglet, you can def continue to breastfeed at home! :)

:happydance: oh thank you!! I had this sudden horrible thought that maybe it would all have to be bottle and I am far too lazy to do more bottles than I have to :happydance: x

If this is still an active thread, i could really use my own bf champion! DD is 3 weeks tomorrow. Poor latch, super lazy eater even on bottle. I have been supplementing the breaast with breastmilk in a bottle. I habe a double electric pump and will be returning to work in 3 weeks. Worried about supply. Only pumping 4-5oz at a time every 3hrs if she refuses to latch. Any help is much appreciated!

I would start pumping every two hours around the clock to get your supply up. Have you tried skin to skin? Drinking loads of water? Eating oats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->