Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

4-5oz is a reasonable amount. Think how small her tummy is- the size of her fist :)

I'd put your DD on the breast as much as you possibly can to up your supply!

I do try to nurse her first at every feeding. She eats anywhere from every 2 to every 3.5 hrs depending on whether she is sleeping or not. We have lots of skin to skin. I am working on upping my water intake, I've been a bit lazy on drinking the last couple of days. And eating oats? Really? Cool. I will do that as well. I just want to be sure she is getting plenty to eat whether she takes it directly from the breast or if I'm pumping to a bottle for her.

Thanks ladies! Let me know any other ideas!

Oh, another thing is to let her nurse as long as she wants to. If she comes off, switch sides and keep going! It will help build your supply. Also, feed during the night as that's when your milk production hormones peak. :)

Hi lalila0007,

Some great advice from the ladies already; to sum it up:

Oats - very good for upping supply.
Skin to skin works a treat.
More feeding = more milk.

Also - expressing / feeding between 1am - 4am can really help increase supply as that's when you're prolactin levels are at their highest.

Things to avoid:
If you're using cabbage leaves to releave engoregement then don't use them for too long at a time as they can start to reduce supply.
Do not take anything containing pseudoephedrine - found in alot of oral decongestants.
Avoid sage, peppermint and spearmint.

Although as cranberry987 said - at 3 weeks old 4 - 5oz in one sitting is perfectly adequate. :thumbup: Make sure you do have a low supply issue before really actioning any of the supply increasing methods as you don't want to go the other way and end up with an oversupply problem.

I'd get your latch checked and perfected first to make sure milk transfer is as good as it can be :thumbup::hugs:

Hey guys, well done and thank you for this thread.

I think I need help with the following, for whoever's willing:

1. Boob spills like a fountain in the evening, which irritates bubber a lot, who stops feeding and starts screaming.

2. Bubber will simply not take the bottle. We have insisted a few times but she just hates it, and I hate imposing it to her in the end.

Thank you.:flower:

Hi all,
I'm just looking for some advice on taking my baby off the bottle. We're re-lactating for over a week now and it seems to be going really well. My LO is cluster feeding though. On for 5-15 mins at a time now, falling asleep, coming off, waking up latching back on for about an hour at least at a
Time. Which is fine. But my Doc told me to still offer formula after feeding if she still seems hungry.

Isn't offering formula taking the demand off my body?

Will my LO learn to be satisfied with BM rather than the "stuffed" feeling she would get with formula?

How will i know my supply is enough for her?

These may sound like dumb questions. But I really need help with this.

Thank you.

I would say to let her clusterfeed. It will up your supply and give her comfort. I know it's hard, but it will end. All babies do go through clusterfeeding so it's like starting from the beginning for you :hugs: You'll know as long as she is continuing to have wet/dirty nappies.

Anyone know where Katt is? She hasn't logged on in nearly three weeks- and while Tiger Lady and I can add people as champions it seems only Katt has editing rights on the first post in the thread so I cannot add the new Champions to it! xx

I would say to let her clusterfeed. It will up your supply and give her comfort. I know it's hard, but it will end. All babies do go through clusterfeeding so it's like starting from the beginning for you :hugs: You'll know as long as she is continuing to have wet/dirty nappies.

Thank you! Cluster feeding is no problem. I've cancelled all our plans for the foreseeable to allow her to just do her thing.. She's getting wet and dirtys , about 5-6wet but only 1dirty daily. I am still giving her formula though so I'm wondering if it's the formula rather than my milk?

How much formula are you giving? Unless its loads the wet and dirty nappies cannot be due to the formula alone. In my experience formula tends to produce less fluid than the same volume of breastmilk xx

How much formula are you giving? Unless its loads the wet and dirty nappies cannot be due to the formula alone. In my experience formula tends to produce less fluid than the same volume of breastmilk xx

My doc told me to offer the full 5oz 5times a day. I was doing that last week. She was full after taking 2-3oz most of the time but may take the full 5oz twice a day.

This week I've been letting her empty both breasts, then go back to the first, if she seems upset or frustrated I'll offer her 3oz of formula. I'm afraid of starving her.

Are you taking fenugrek as well? Eating oats and drinking loads of water? :)

Are you taking fenugrek as well? Eating oats and drinking loads of water? :)

Fenugreek capsules 3,3x daily.
Oats for breakfast and homemade flapjacks for snacks,
Fennel tea (a friend recommended it, it tastes good weather it works or not)
2l water plus 5 cups of tea.

Enough fenugrek to smell like maple syrup? I'm told that's the key.

I have to say, it's so amazing what you're doing :)

Enough fenugrek to smell like maple syrup? I'm told that's the key.

I have to say, it's so amazing what you're doing :)

Lol yep! Hubby reckons something smells very sweet in the house! Ha, he can't figur it out just yet, I'll let him rack his brains a while longer.. ;) and Thank You! I want the best for my baby, I believe BF is the best for her. So as long as I can, I will..

Just wanted to say you're amazing for working so hard for you LO :)!

Sometimes I secretly wish Sophie would still clusterfeed, I miss the cuddles!

I really hope you will be able to exclusively breastfeed in the end!

Just wanted to say you're amazing for working so hard for you LO :)!

Sometimes I secretly wish Sophie would still clusterfeed, I miss the cuddles!

I really hope you will be able to exclusively breastfeed in the end!

I hope so too! She seems to be doing great. But never seems full from the breast of that makes sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->