Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

id try to cut out all the caffinne if you can hun it really really doesnt aid milk production at all

There is no evidence whatsoever that caffeine inhibits milk production; there are even studies to show the opposite in fact

https://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/lifestyle/caffeine/

xx

Summer rain - I asked to go on the champions list when it last got updated but got missed for some reason, if you manage to get hold of katt do you think you could see if I can be added? :flower:

Sorry about that, didn't mean to miss you and 'you're in' hehe. I will PM you with the details of how to add your badge to your signature. Hopefully Katt will come back soon! Xx

Hi guys, I was wondering if you had any ideas what was wrong with me...

For the past month or so I've had sore achy boobs with really painful let down. A few weeks ago it was my right boob and yesterday my left boob has started hurting. The month before I was getting some pain in my nipples. I am starting to think I either have a bit of an infection or thrush? I went to my GP last month and she gave me Ibuprofen...really really helpful thanks!

What do you think it might be? My boobs haven't been particularly hot, but I have noticed small red blood vessles. x

Hi guys, I was wondering if you had any ideas what was wrong with me...

For the past month or so I've had sore achy boobs with really painful let down. A few weeks ago it was my right boob and yesterday my left boob has started hurting. The month before I was getting some pain in my nipples. I am starting to think I either have a bit of an infection or thrush? I went to my GP last month and she gave me Ibuprofen...really really helpful thanks!

What do you think it might be? My boobs haven't been particularly hot, but I have noticed small red blood vessles. x

hmm, how much does it hurt? i've had similar on/off throughout bfing but it never comes to anything but also doesn't really hurt, just every now and then and i'd call it more annoying/uncomfortable.

Could you possibly have blocked ducts? Have you tried hot clothes to help bring the milk down and massage? hopefully someone else can help more. Hopefully its nothing! xx

Hello
I previously made a thread about my sons visit to the baby clinic and that health visitor being concerned about his weight, his 6 kg but they feel he should be bigger for his age they advised me to top up with formula but I'm not too sure on that, they said that he might not be getting enough from my milk or not enough nutrients :(
Can you please advice me on what i can do to increase my supply or what I can eat so that LO is getting enough nutrients without having to introduce formula please.

I forgot to add that my boobs always feel empty and I rarely feel the letdown now, not sure what this means, LO is always on the boob he even likes to sleep with it in his mouth could this mean something?

Hello
I previously made a thread about my sons visit to the baby clinic and that health visitor being concerned about his weight, his 6 kg but they feel he should be bigger for his age they advised me to top up with formula but I'm not too sure on that, they said that he might not be getting enough from my milk or not enough nutrients :(
Can you please advice me on what i can do to increase my supply or what I can eat so that LO is getting enough nutrients without having to introduce formula please.

I forgot to add that my boobs always feel empty and I rarely feel the letdown now, not sure what this means, LO is always on the boob he even likes to sleep with it in his mouth could this mean something?

Is your son gaining weight? Is he happy? Does he have wet/dirty nappies? If the answer to all these is "yes" you can happily tell them to stick their "opinions" where the sun don't shine :hugs:

As for keeping your supply up, drink lots of water and eat oats. :thumbup:

Do I qualify for BF champ yet? Would love to help anyone out that needs it... when I get back from my holiday in Mid June :D

x

Do I qualify for BF champ yet? Would love to help anyone out that needs it... when I get back from my holiday in Mid June :D

x

I think you do! Just add the little blinkie in the first post. Katt hasn't been on for a while :(

Hello

Is your son gaining weight? Is he happy? Does he have wet/dirty nappies? If the answer to all these is "yes" you can happily tell them to stick their "opinions" where the sun don't shine :hugs:

As for keeping your supply up, drink lots of water and eat oats. :thumbup:

Thank you for the reply :)
Well they don't seem to be satisfied with his weight gain, he is having the usual amount of wet/dirty nappies, he has become quite moody lately though
I don't eat very healthy do you think fruits and vegs can help with the nutrients that they say he may not be getting enough of? :/ x

I don't know what they are talking about. Your breastmilk takes what it needs from your body, nutrient wise. I mean, I ate crappy food throughout the first couple months of BFing and my son is totally fine and healthy.

ya same with me. i ate crap first month or two while breastfeeding and hes fine

How much has LO gained in the past month?

A lot of pediatricians look at the chart for formula fed babies.. Bf babies are naturally leaner as formula is digested differently .

Go with your own gut, if your baby is gaining weight, energetic, pooping & peeing etc.. He's probably fine .

There's a 4 month growth spurt & developmental leap/sleep regression .. !! Maybe that's why he's grumpy lately..

Oh don't worry about crappy food! I ate crappy food a lot & DD is still breast feeding at 13 months ;)
Not every baby is the same, some are slow gainers and some are fast gainers. Some babies are just meant to be small . Not all humans are the same size :)

My DD is small but never had formula in her life. She's happy, energetic and is reaching all her milestones.. I go by those things not by what a doc who we see once every few months for a check up says.

My eldest weighed a lot less than that at that age, and he was fine. I would ignore this advice, your LO is between the 9th and 25th centile, any centile on the chart is a normal healthy average weight so I really wouldn't worry. My youngest now has gained in fits and starts ever since he was around 4 months, sometimes going months without gaining anything but then putting on a pound in a couple of weeks. The guidelines have also been changed and it isn't really recommended to weigh between 16 weeks and a year old now, and you're under no obligation to attend any clinic. My GP told me to weigh my youngest at home (I have a special baby weighing scale) as she says the HVs always advise formula if they have a concern when what they really should be doing if they are genuinely concerned is get in touch with the baby's GP and look into other potential causes of poorer weight gain, which usually there is not and it's nothing to worry about. My GP is also trained as a paediatrician and has extra BF training so she is better than many xx

Thanks you all ladies, you've all made me feel better
Its just playing up in my mind all day, he told me to take him gp to check everything else is ok then told me to not worry :wacko:
He told me to offer formula using a cup, and he wants to see him again in 2 weeks to check if there isn't an improvement he will refer us to the hospital.
Its all worrying me but thanks for reassuring me
At 12 weeks he weighed 5.62 kg now he weighs 14.02lb
:flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back