• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

Not sure maybe one of us can help

Alright everything crossed little man gets his weight done today need him to be 8lbs 1oz his birth weight

Yes my little piggy finally put his birth weight back on plus some 8lbs 7.5oz gooo mommy milk

Hi ladies. :)

Not long until my little lady arrives now and I'm getting a bit nervous about BFing.

I am SO determined to EBF until 6 months and then hopefully continue BFing until she's ready to stop.

But it's hard not to wrry that I won't be able to for some reason.

Did you have these concerns before your first? Chances are I'll be fine and I can EBF, right?

I'm not expecting it to be a walk in the park, but it's something I feel very strongly about and know I'll be very disappointed if I have to give her any formula. people keep saying to me "you can't plan these things, you're not failing if you have to FF" but that honestly is the one thing that will make me feel like I've failed her.

If we don't stick to the cloth nappies, or if she doesn;t sleep through well, or if I do occasionally let her cry, I'll be able to give myself a break for those things, but with BF I really do feel so strongly about doing it that I worry I'm jinxing myself sometimes.

You have the same worrys with each baby not get first i have bf all 3 of my baby its work you will have good days and bad days but you have people you can talk to and ill tell you what seeing your lo stop eatting and look up at you with a big smile on his or her face makes all the bad days go away and if for some reasom you cant EBF it doesnt mean you failed sometimes things happen that you cant help

Unless there's an underlying medical condition, you will be able to EBF!! The key is not to stress, to drink a LOT of water and eat well. These three things can prevent your milk supply from thriving if you don't pay attention to them. When you BF ur LO just focus on him/her and your love for them and your milk will flow. Trust in nature as women have EBF for thousands of years and you can too :hugs: Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Anyone with experience using a nipple shield long-term? It's not what I'd hoped for, but everytime I try to wean off of it, I get mastitis. So to prevent giving up on BF altogether (at the moment we are combi feeding with expressed milk), I'd like to try to keep things going as long as I can with the nipple shield to keep my supply up until I might be ready to try weaning off it again. I'd be specifically interested in knowing how to prevent chafing and pain from the nipple shield itself as that's been an issue as well. My DD is almost 9 weeks now. She was EBF for 7 weeks and we've been doing the expressing/combi feeding thing for the past week and half since I got the most recent bout of mastitis. I'd like to get her back on the boob at least part-time if I can.

I am having trouble with weaning my son from the nipple shield too. Not because of the same reason as you, though, he just doesn't know what to do without one :(

My sister is also using a shield and had problems with a milk blister. She switched from a 20 mm shield to a 24 mm shield and hasn't had a problem since. Maybe that is an option for you?

Hopefully we can all get rid of the darn Ssields soon!

I don't know too much about shield weaning as I only used one for a couple days but I learned quickly (and the painful way) that it's super important that your nipple be centered in the shield and that you wet it and flip it out before suction cupping it onto your nipple in order for it to stay put and not cause blisters. Hope that helps in any way!

Hey all. My baby girl is almost four months and today she started spitting up like crazy. Everything I feed her. Could this b from teething?

Woohoo 1 month today of bfing my tongue/lip tied baby boy

This is really long, and I posted as a separate thread. Just really need some support/encouragement/advice. Before I start I'll say that we have met with lactation consultants from day one and we are still working hard with the goal of breastfeeding through the first year.
my little boy is one month old now. we have had issues with latch from the start, and for the past 2 weeks or so I have been pumping my milk to give him bottles as well as supplementing with formula (due to weight loss issues, and what may well be supply issues.) at first we were giving him more formula than breast milk, but now it's the reverse. I'm happy that he is getting a lot of my milk, just wish he was drinking it from my breasts.
I had to take him off the breast for about a week because my nipples were shredded from our first week of funky feeding. He will take my breast now, and it seems like our latch is slightly improved, but I can't tell if he's taking very much milk. It seems like he's just comfort sucking because I don't hear him swallowing very much. He starts and stops almost the whole time he's on, and usually falls asleep. It's nice that it comforts him, especially the last couple days cause he's been fussy.
I'm frustrated though because I don't know if he'll ever be able to get enough from directly breastfeeding. My pump sessions are yielding an average of 2 ounces, but I'm taking Reglan to increase my supply. (yes, I've already read up on this med, so I don't need any admonitions. so far, so good, no side effects.) I'm pumping about 10 times a day, and I feel like it takes away from the time I can be holding him and hanging out, not to mention that we can't really leave the house for very long. I'm happy that he's now down to just a couple of bottles of formula a day, and eating mostly what I'm making for him, but I don't know how long I can go on like this!
I don't want to give up, especially after coming this far, but I just need us to turn the corner, make some kind of big gain to get us through to the next phase.
It's getting to where I can't really talk to my husband about things because we both get too emotional. He says we should be focused on what we have - a healthy baby who is gaining weight and doing well - instead of the dysfunction of our breastfeeding. I am in agreement with him, and I really am happy to have my son and to know that he is thriving. Still, I have moments where I feel like I am really grieving at the possibility of not being able to breastfeed.
As I said, we are still in contact with lactation consultants, and one has made a referral to an ear/nose/throat doctor to check him for tongue tie - the LCs haven't been able to tell if he has it - as well as a referral to a cranio-sacral therapist to see if some body work might improve our latch. (He's a clamper, by the way...) I'm hoping that one of these referrals might lead to a big improvement.
Just trying to hang on...
(Thanks for reading.)

This seems like a wonderful idea, but it seems all the BF Champs have left this thread. :(

This seems like a wonderful idea, but it seems all the BF Champs have left this thread. :(

So sorry - had a lot on recently.

Let me get myself sorted here with bits to do and will settle myself on the sofa with a brew and respond to some questions etc tonight. :thumbup::flower:

Ok - I'm here - since it's been a while since the last lady posted asking for advice is there anyone still struggling who needs support? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->