Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

At least next time she says it to you you can say very nicely with a smile on your ace , " oh do you think so , maybe your right but for now I'm going to follow the medical advice after all they are the experts , we will see how we get on for a couple of months by following their advice " but keep an eye on it for me and ill keep the Hv ect updated with your observations !! She will LOVE you lol .....

Hi I'm so frustrated and upset right now , hoping someone reads this and an help. My LO is 13 weeks and has bf from day 1 . He has one bottle per day since 6 weeks with no issues of nipple confusions etc. however the last couple of days LO has become very frustrated and distressed at my breast and is refusing to feed from me at all , this afternoon was the worst !! He went hysterical after sucking for 2 seconds and refused to lat h back on . I knew he was starving as he had a long sleep this am and had not fed for 4 hours . I persisted with trying to offer the breast for almost an hour ( taking him off and comforting him in between as he became hysterical everytime I tried to lat h him on .i felt no let down and saw no evidence of milk. Anyway I gave in and fed a bottle ff which he guzzled 7oz !!!!!

Now I feel awful on two counts - he was starving and I had not enough for him , I gave him the ff which I know will not help and will serve to reduce my supply not increase it ...
I tired to pump but produced nothing and had no let down .

I feel like throwing in the towel and ff .... But I don't really want to but I don't want a hungry distressed baby either :(

Hi,

Hoping for a little help/support. My lo is 5 days old and I am exclusively bf him. Whenever he cries the only way I can settle him is to let him have my breast regardless of when he last he had it. Sometimes he will only suckle for a few minutes then fall asleep. Any advice please and general suppirt

Hi,

Hoping for a little help/support. My lo is 5 days old and I am exclusively bf him. Whenever he cries the only way I can settle him is to let him have my breast regardless of when he last he had it. Sometimes he will only suckle for a few minutes then fall asleep. Any advice please and general suppirt

Congratulations :) what your little one is doing is very normal especially in the early days, if you are able to the best thing you could probably do is go with it and relax as much as you can. He will be working hard to build up your supply and when he's not doing that he'll be wanting lots comfort from you while he gets used to the big wide world. If you need a break do you have a partner or family member who could cuddle him for awhile? Having a baby carrier for them and for yourself can be very useful (make sure you get a decent one though, feel free to ask for advice if you want).

Hi I'm so frustrated and upset right now , hoping someone reads this and an help. My LO is 13 weeks and has bf from day 1 . He has one bottle per day since 6 weeks with no issues of nipple confusions etc. however the last couple of days LO has become very frustrated and distressed at my breast and is refusing to feed from me at all , this afternoon was the worst !! He went hysterical after sucking for 2 seconds and refused to lat h back on . I knew he was starving as he had a long sleep this am and had not fed for 4 hours . I persisted with trying to offer the breast for almost an hour ( taking him off and comforting him in between as he became hysterical everytime I tried to lat h him on .i felt no let down and saw no evidence of milk. Anyway I gave in and fed a bottle ff which he guzzled 7oz !!!!!

Now I feel awful on two counts - he was starving and I had not enough for him , I gave him the ff which I know will not help and will serve to reduce my supply not increase it ...
I tired to pump but produced nothing and had no let down .

I feel like throwing in the towel and ff .... But I don't really want to but I don't want a hungry distressed baby either :(

Only just seen your post, how is everything going now? :hugs:

Thanks for replying. My oh is helping as much as he can in between feeds and comforting him as long as he can. Midwife also suggested trying a dummy for comfort too. If you can suggest carrier that would be great as I know nothing about them

Thanks for replying. My oh is helping as much as he can in between feeds and comforting him as long as he can. Midwife also suggested trying a dummy for comfort too. If you can suggest carrier that would be great as I know nothing about them

My biggest suggestion would be to see if there is a sling library or consultant near you and go along to get some in person advice on carriers (it's usually free to get a bit of advice from sling libraries and consultants charge for private appointments), nothing beats it really. You can find your nearest library/consultant here: https://www.babywearing.co.uk/localsupport/.

If not, there are five main types of carrier that I would say to have a look at, stretch wraps, woven wraps, ring slings/pouches, mei tais and soft structured carriers (SSC)/buckle carriers. I run a sling library and am a consultant so feel free to pm for more info on the different types, there is also a bit more detail on my website here: https://wpslings.com/the-library/.

Hi! FTM and EBF. On my right side lately I feel like she is forgetting what to do and takes forever to latch. She squirms and bobbles her head, fusses, locks my nipple etc. Sometimes she will latch and then pull right off. My nipple is very sore with a milk blister right now too. Been trying compresses, saline soak, pumping and feeding. Was getting better but back again tonight. Seems to be a good Eater but still very slow at gaining weight.. only 3 oz in 9 days (7 lb 10 oz to 7 lb 13 oz) for weight checks. I really don't want to have to supplement. I got a breast like nipple and have used a bottle.6 or so times w no nipple confusion. At those times she takes 2-2.5 oz. Any just overall advise or thoughts on blister or low gain? Thanks!

Hi! FTM and EBF. On my right side lately I feel like she is forgetting what to do and takes forever to latch. She squirms and bobbles her head, fusses, locks my nipple etc. Sometimes she will latch and then pull right off. My nipple is very sore with a milk blister right now too. Been trying compresses, saline soak, pumping and feeding. Was getting better but back again tonight. Seems to be a good Eater but still very slow at gaining weight.. only 3 oz in 9 days (7 lb 10 oz to 7 lb 13 oz) for weight checks. I really don't want to have to supplement. I got a breast like nipple and have used a bottle.6 or so times w no nipple confusion. At those times she takes 2-2.5 oz. Any just overall advise or thoughts on blister or low gain? Thanks!

My personal opinion on weight gain is that we pay far too much attention to it when it's better to look at everything in relation. Your little one is gaining which is great, some babies just gain faster than others and she may suddenly speed up at some point. Forgetting about the weight how do you think she's doing? How is her nappy output?

Babies often have a preference for one breast over the over which can be incredibly annoying (trust me, I know!). A couple of things you could try are feeding her in different positions on the breast she doesn't like or feeding her on her favourite breast and switching her over half way through when she is calm and a little milk drunk? You could have a look at dangle feeding for your sore breast, might kill two birds with one stone but I'm afraid you will probably look quite silly doing it ;)

Why do i feel like I have a supply issue or is this just a growth spurt? Yesterday she just wasn't content. Ate every 2-3 hours crying like she was starving. My breast is always soft now but not sure if it's since she's eating more and the supply is regulating. I wasn't feeling well last night and tried to pump too and didn't even get an oz. Does that mean it's all she's getting too each time? Went into crib at 930 and is just waking at 3. Is that too long to let her go as it will also decrease my supply? Thank you

Why do i feel like I have a supply issue or is this just a growth spurt? Yesterday she just wasn't content. Ate every 2-3 hours crying like she was starving. My breast is always soft now but not sure if it's since she's eating more and the supply is regulating. I wasn't feeling well last night and tried to pump too and didn't even get an oz. Does that mean it's all she's getting too each time? Went into crib at 930 and is just waking at 3. Is that too long to let her go as it will also decrease my supply? Thank you

It is hard to trust your body isn't it, I felt the same when my dd was small. It does sound like a growth spurt to me and nothing you are saying seems out of the ordinary. Your breasts will feel soft because they are being constantly drained and that in turn is sending messages to make more milk to keep up with the demand and yes you'll be starting to move out of the hormone driven supply into the demand driven supply now so you may not feel as engorged generally.

Don't worry about what you are getting from expressing, it really doesn't tell you anything about your supply. Your baby will be draining you of your milk not leaving you much to express, if you were to stop feeding her and just express I bet you would see a lot more and if you keep at it you may find it does increase. Some women (like me) just find it hard to express anyway, babies are far, far more efficient at getting milk out than a pump.

Your supply is at it's highest in the early hours of the morning and it is a good time to feed to help increase your supply. If baby is gaining weight well and you don't feel there are any other problems then it may not be necessary to wake her but perhaps keep an eye on the situation and bear it in mind.

I was just wondering. I just returned to work this week. And I was wondering how much do you think I need to pump for my LO? Like I had had bottles between 4-5 ounces and he would be ok with 4.25 and another time he was ok at 4.75..should I just always pump and leave 5 ounces? Oh also my LO is exclusively BF and has acid reflux issues but is not on meds. Oh and he will be 3 months old next Friday.

Hi, wondering if someone could offer me some advice and some support?! I gave birth to my second lo 15 days ago and have been ebf since. I couldn't get my first lo to latch so pumped for a while but only lasted 3 weeks, but as I didn't bf I don't really have much confidence and am. Instantly questioning myself/ my body etc!!

Anyways, I have a couple of questions if somebody would offer me any wisdom...

In the early days, my MW told me that if my lb turned his head or moved it I the side etc I should in-latch and re-latch as he would most certainly be not latched correctly! Well he still does this now but then he carries on sucking and appears to be swallowing still etc?! My question is, when they get used to it a bit are they able to move around and maintain a good latch? I find it very difficult (well stressful really, but mostly when out) to keep taking him off and putting him back on!

Also, as he is my second (have a 2.5 yo), and my husband has now gone back to work, it's near on impossible to feed 100% on demand! I mean, how do you continue with feeding exactly when the hunger cues start when you have places to get to, school runs to do, a lg to care for and a house to keep?? I have found the last 2 days that I've been offering him a quick feed of one boob before we go anywhere if I think he might want a feed soon, or if he wants feeding just as we were about to leave to go somewhere, I'll offer him one boob until we get home etc?! I just feel that as I'm not playing by the rule book I might be hindering his feeding and/ or my supply?!

Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to manage bf whilst carrying on with our family life, and for juggling it around a toddler? Thank you in advance and sorry for the long post xxx

I was just wondering. I just returned to work this week. And I was wondering how much do you think I need to pump for my LO? Like I had had bottles between 4-5 ounces and he would be ok with 4.25 and another time he was ok at 4.75..should I just always pump and leave 5 ounces? Oh also my LO is exclusively BF and has acid reflux issues but is not on meds. Oh and he will be 3 months old next Friday.

I don't want to leave you without a reply but this isn't really my area! If it's possible I would guess it would be better to leave more rather than less. Hopefully someone who has dealt with the return to work and a young baby will be along soon :)

Hi, wondering if someone could offer me some advice and some support?! I gave birth to my second lo 15 days ago and have been ebf since. I couldn't get my first lo to latch so pumped for a while but only lasted 3 weeks, but as I didn't bf I don't really have much confidence and am. Instantly questioning myself/ my body etc!!

Anyways, I have a couple of questions if somebody would offer me any wisdom...

In the early days, my MW told me that if my lb turned his head or moved it I the side etc I should in-latch and re-latch as he would most certainly be not latched correctly! Well he still does this now but then he carries on sucking and appears to be swallowing still etc?! My question is, when they get used to it a bit are they able to move around and maintain a good latch? I find it very difficult (well stressful really, but mostly when out) to keep taking him off and putting him back on!

Also, as he is my second (have a 2.5 yo), and my husband has now gone back to work, it's near on impossible to feed 100% on demand! I mean, how do you continue with feeding exactly when the hunger cues start when you have places to get to, school runs to do, a lg to care for and a house to keep?? I have found the last 2 days that I've been offering him a quick feed of one boob before we go anywhere if I think he might want a feed soon, or if he wants feeding just as we were about to leave to go somewhere, I'll offer him one boob until we get home etc?! I just feel that as I'm not playing by the rule book I might be hindering his feeding and/ or my supply?!

Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to manage bf whilst carrying on with our family life, and for juggling it around a toddler? Thank you in advance and sorry for the long post xxx

I would say at 15 days that it will still be quite important to get a good latch, the main things you are looking for are that your lo's head is in line with his body (not twisted), he has a wide open mouth, nose is clear of your breast and his chin is tucked into your breast. But perhaps if it's causing more stress it would be better to go with what your lo is happy with and make sure you keep a close eye on how your nipples are doing, any sign of soreness and you will want to work on the latch again. With us it was a gradual thing, one minute I was intent on getting the perfect latch each time and then all of a sudden I had a near toddler doing yoga poses while attempting to nurse!

One of the joys of breastfeeding is that you can switch and change what you are doing if you want to without too much hassle. You definitely want to respond to your lo's cues as soon as you can but life does sometimes get in the way so if you need to give him a quick top up before you can sit down and give him a full feed then I don't see anything wrong with that :)

I am a bit biased but I think one of the best things that can help you juggle family life with a new baby is using a carrier ;) if you would like anymore information feel free to ask on here or pm me.

Hey ladies I could use some support. My lo is now 15 days old latching great, there is great out put. I'm able to pump off now close to two oz in between feeding to supplement but he isn't gaining. We lost the usual amount he didnt gain or lose for five days. Made another small gain then nothing in the past 24 hrs. Just wondering if any of you experienced slow birth weight gain. To add he was a section baby and I have read some hospital are not weighing section babies for 24 hours now because of bloat from the meds. Thanks for reading

Is it normal to still be feeding every 40 mins to 90 mins?
My baby is 12 weeks today and she still on the boob all the time!

She's gaining weight well, but my family's making a lot of comments and I feel self conscious.

I would love to have a breast feeding champion.
I'm 24 and first time mom. My baby girl born early (at 35w5), in the hospital had problem with the latch and I almost give up. (In the hospital a nurses suggested me a nipple shield because of my poor latch but when the breastfeeding consultant came she notices that my baby latches is good and teach me how to breastfeed without the nipple shield. Then my baby started gaining weight.) When she born his weight was 6 pounds, left the hospital with 5 pound and 7 oz and weight 2 days ago 6 pounds with 12 oz.
I'm exclusive breastfeeding, in some occasion I give her the bottle with my milk. Now she has a reflux but she still eating well. She eat minimus every two hours.
Sometimes I have sore nipples and I think she can't latch very well in my right boob. I have big boobs and nipples. I need to start pumping because I need to start my job in January. When I pumped, my girl doesn't have enough milk when I breastfeed so I'm worried. I want to increase my milk supply to start my milk bank . (I usually use the milk that I storage at night) Also, my girl just eat from one boob in each shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->