Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

Ÿ
Wish, I agree with Lynnikins about the lact-aid/SNS, I am so sorry about your experiences. Jaundice is very common and very, very rarely is it ever due to not producing enough milk, yet some hospitals/doctors this is the first thing they blame. The fact that one of your LOs is still slightly jaundiced shows that this is some type of hereditary jaundice rather than anything to do with breastmilk or breastfeeding. Has your son who is still jaundiced had prolonged jaundice testing? xx

hi
All his bloodtests came satisfactory and doc said He didnt need any furtur testings. By not fully batter i meant hes still pale and not Rosy as his sister.

Well thats good to know, did they do urine tests as well because certain conditions associated with prolonged jaundice can only be tested via the urine. It is unusual for a FF baby to still be at all jaundiced past a couple of weeks (is normal for most BF babies), though it may be a harmless form of hereditary jaundice. My husband was in hospital for three weeks with jaundice as a newborn and he was only FF, and one of my sisters was put onto formula after the doctors blamed the jaundice on my mum's milk; it didn't get rid of the jaundice nor was she gaining any weight (turned out as an adult she has severe milk allergy and Crohn's disease); my mum with much determination managed to relactate, so it is possible. xx

Hi Wish. I used a Medela SNS to supplement my baby with formula at the breast for 7 months so I know all about using them. Feel free to PM me for usage tips etc, links to videos and similar (though you can find some of them by clicking my ticker). With twins though you might really want to invest in the Lact-Aid in case you want to tandem nurse. https://www.lact-aid.com/

Ladies, can I ask a question? I'm just feeding my Lo and every so often she arches her head back fast, sometimes pulling off my nipple but often not. It is so uncomfortable but I don't understand why she does it :(

Could be wind gertrude, or it could be that your LO wants to be on your other boob (my LO tends to do the latter quite a bit!). :flower:

hmmm I did wonder if it was wind but also thought it might be about trying to stimulate supply?

she can be quite the demanding baby when she wants :D shame she takes after her mum :blush:

I don't think it's supply related as my LO does it all the time and he's now 4 months!!

I think my LO also takes after his mum :haha:

Gertrude, you might find this article on milk flow of interest: https://www.mobimotherhood.org/MM/article-milkflow.aspx
If your LO tends to do it at the end of a feed it's fairly normal and some breast compression will help sort it. Milk tends to slow down the emptier the breast gets.

thanks great link :)

next question - she's just been on one boob for 26mins and as soon as she came off she started sucking her arm, then her fingers, but refused my other boob - any idea what I'm doing wrong? :(

I'm really struggling with this feeding malarky :(

You're not doing anything wrong gertrude :hugs: Your LO is just discovering her hands and arms and is playing with them :)

its normal for a LO to suck on everything going and it doesnt mean they are hungry although with other cues it can signify that , EJ went through a phase of about 2 months when everything was in his mouth no matter what it was he was just using his mouth to discover about things

thanks I did wonder about that - just she's only 2 weeks old and seems too young to be finding her hands as it were

will look for additional clues to hunger then :) and keep fighting the arms when I'm trying to feed :D she has a fine grab action especially around my nipple :( :D

Gertrude she may turn out to be a thumb sucker and she's just trying to find it

My LO found his hands the day he was born; and could link/unlink his fingers and suck his hands right away x

EJ found his thumb about 2wks old lol it was a pain he wanted to suck it and feed at the same time lol he did give up on it after about 6 wks when he realised it didnt give milk lol

Hi ladies, not sure if I am right posting here. Would love some help/advice if you can.

Lo is 6 months old and exclusively bf, we have started weaning the last few wks.

He has become very fussy on the boob. He latches on pulls off constantly. He also does not seem to like my left breast at the mo, he very rarely feeds from it.
I am so proud to have hit to 6 months and that was my goal at the start. But now I wanna get to a year. But I'm not sure if we will :(

Feeding time is becoming a real battle and it's getting me down. He cries/moans all the time too. I want a happy and I don't know of it is feeding that's making him unhappy.

around this time theres so much going on developmentally with a child and they become alot more intersted in the world around them, it might be worth trying to feed in a darkend quiet room for a while to see if that helps.

Oliviarose could it be teething? If you think it could be try putting some Anbesol (check it is the one that can be used on babies as there is an adult version) just before offering a bf as it numbs the mouth.

my son went through a phase of doing that oliviarose. he was more interested in the world around as lynnikins said. i presevered and after a while we went back to bf nicely. muddles could be right about the teething though and i second that anbesol is good for that!

gertrude - hope things are getting easier for you hun. sometimes bf babies just want to suck all the time, not just hunger. do you use a dummy?

no we don't use a dummy yet as she's only 3 weeks, though I think she'd benefit from it :)

can't remember if I updated this thread but at last someone listened to me and checked her foir tongue tie - she had a moderate to severe one (why does no one listen to the mum?) so thats been snipped now so I'm hoping it helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->