Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

Does cluster feeding also come with her being fussy while feeding? That's new for her. And how long should I expect this to last? Today was 10, 11, 1, 2 & 3 o'clock feedings. I think if I know it will pass I'll feel better about it.

Fussing can be normal - Katie cluster fed mostly through the evenings and would feed only for 20 mins, then stop, then want more 20 mins later and on and on but it only lasted a few evenings at a time. Are you getting wind up from her as sometimes they confuse wind with hunger. I had a slightly different routine with Katie as she was a puker - Feed one side, stop and wind, change nappy, feed other side, wind then put down. If I didn't change her nappy mid feed session, she would then be sick when I tried to feed her afterwards but I think the winding mid feed worked for her as it seemed to help stop her being sick too.

Yes, it is most def cluster feeding! :) I remember those first days well. It is an emotional time, and it takes getting used to for the both of you. Get a lot of rest & good luck!

It is def cluster feeding! With baby being so young this is an emotional time. You both need some time to get used to each other, I know it souns impossible, but enjoy this time, it passes swiftly. Good luck :)

Also, at 10 days and in the middle of cluster feeding - she stays awake after feeds - only sleeping for mere minutes. She's been awake most of today. At 10 days is that normal (if cluster feeding?) This thread is a lifesaver - thanks so much for the responses!

Yes its normal; babies will often sleep only briefly when going through a growth spurt or a period of cluster feeding xx

So HungryHippo, did she sleep well for you last night as she was awake most of the day?

yep hungry hippo it sounds pretty normal. the first few weeks are a haze of non-stop feeding whilst your supply builds. use it as a time to relax and enjoy your new baby!

So HungryHippo, did she sleep well for you last night as she was awake most of the day?

She slept for between 3 & 3 1/2 hours and that's from start of feeding to start of feeding. And her feedings last anywhere from 20-40 min. So I maybe got 1 1/2 hours sleep out of it - which is great. She's back to cluster feeding again today. 10, 11, 12 so far...god help my sanity!

It's just that there's no break - she isn't settling between cluster feeding. Not that I have anywhere to go or to see - it's just a little much being confined. DH is holding her right now to give me a breather. I cannot see how single mom's do this - hats off to them! And I do logically know there's supposed to be an end to this...it's just, well, a tad overwhelming. So thanks for letting me whine - this thread rocks!

It is hard going in the first few weeks hun, just know you are doing great and the best thing for your baby x

Dont give up. It seemingly never ends, but truthfully you will get used to it, and your LO will settle down into a routine of sorts. A lot of your concerns seem to stem from your feeling overwhelmed. I was like that too at the beginning, but after awhile you settle in and it all becomes normal. Trust me, it will happen. Try to sneak in a few min for yourself whenever you can grab it, take advantage of any help offered, and get your OH helping in many ways. ~hug~ You can do it!!

Hey Roni,
Quick question for you - I picked up the Brewer's Yeast tablets, but only just realized that it says on the bottle not to use if pregnant/breastfeeding...does your's says the same? Mine are the Swiss ones....

thanks

No, mine do not say that at all. Where did you get yours? I got mine at superstore. They are the "Exact" brand. The ingredients are brewer's yeast, silicone dioxide, magnesium stearate (the coating on the tablets that make them easier to swallow). They are the most natural thing I could find. I do not like medicine and I do not trust herbals as a few people I know have had bad reactions to herbals while on other meds. They are safe, trust me. I am the most paranoid person when it comes to drugs so you can be sure I would not take something weird. Hope that helps.

Hello!

My name is Megan, I'm 27 years old and I had my first child a little over 5 months ago. My son breastfed from day one w/o any issues. However, around 4 weeks or so, it seemed my milk was no longer enough to sustain him. Long story short, we started supplementing (husband wanted to, I did not). We still breastfed whenever we could. Then, at 8 weeks, I had to start back to work. I tried pumping at work, but never got more than 3.5 ounces TOTAL for the day. Ever since, my supply has dropped to just about nothing.

I became very sad that I was no longer breastfeeding and searched online to see if getting your milk back was a possibility. To my surprise, IT IS! So, about a week or so ago, I decided to try relactating.

I'm taking Fenugreek 3 pills 3 times daily. I'm trying to pump every 2-3 hours, 10 minutes on each breast. I'm not a big water drinker, but I'm forcing myself to finish an entire pitcher of water while I'm at work. I've also started drinking Almond Milk.

I haven't seen any change in my first week. I can express just a few drops of milk from each breast. But my pump can't express anything. So as I may not be completely "dry", I'm very close to producing absolutely nothing :-(

So, I guess my question is if anyone here has successfully relactated? I'd really like to know what I can do to get my milk to return.

THANK YOU :)

Firstly, well done for deciding to try relactation!!

Secondly, try loads of skin to skin and letting LO latch on, even if it's just comfort sucking as this will really really help your supply! The best time for this is probably just before a bottle feed so that your LO gets whatever milk there is before the formula "top up".

Another thing you could try is eating loads of oat-based things like porridge (oatmeal if you're from the US!) - it really helps! You can also get domperidone tablets and give them a try.

The only other thing I can really advise is that you don't get too frustrated by how much you can pump (or not as the case may be), because a baby is far better at getting milk out than any pump will ever be! :hugs:

Hello!

My name is Megan, I'm 27 years old and I had my first child a little over 5 months ago. My son breastfed from day one w/o any issues. However, around 4 weeks or so, it seemed my milk was no longer enough to sustain him. Long story short, we started supplementing (husband wanted to, I did not). We still breastfed whenever we could. Then, at 8 weeks, I had to start back to work. I tried pumping at work, but never got more than 3.5 ounces TOTAL for the day. Ever since, my supply has dropped to just about nothing.

I became very sad that I was no longer breastfeeding and searched online to see if getting your milk back was a possibility. To my surprise, IT IS! So, about a week or so ago, I decided to try relactating.

I'm taking Fenugreek 3 pills 3 times daily. I'm trying to pump every 2-3 hours, 10 minutes on each breast. I'm not a big water drinker, but I'm forcing myself to finish an entire pitcher of water while I'm at work. I've also started drinking Almond Milk.

I haven't seen any change in my first week. I can express just a few drops of milk from each breast. But my pump can't express anything. So as I may not be completely "dry", I'm very close to producing absolutely nothing :-(

So, I guess my question is if anyone here has successfully relactated? I'd really like to know what I can do to get my milk to return.

THANK YOU :)

I haven't relactated personally, my mum has but since my sister was only 3 months she got her supply back in just about a week, I am interested to see answers as my OHs cousin is in a very similar situation to you though she only started experiencing supply problems about a month back. Good luck! xx

Hi Megan! Good on you for giving relactation a go :thumbup:

I've not personally had any experience, but it sounds like you are on the right track. You could also try eating lots of oats and apparently barley can help as well!

Also, don't be disheartened if you can't pump much, a lot of women can't. When my LO went on a nursing strike a few months back, I could barely pump more than 20ml or so, even though I was full! Apparently, some women can't 'let down' for a pump. You may have more milk in those boobys than you think :thumbup: LO is much better at extracting the milk than a pump

All the best hun, I really hope you get the outcome you'd like :hugs:

I used brewers yeast which is totally natural and it works almost instantly. I noticed fullness in about an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->