Getting a kitten Update and pics!

Picked up the kitten today. Its 12 weeks old. It seems really scared and is hiding under a chest of drawers. It played for a little while with a dangling cat toy but when I got too close it ran and hid. Any tips on how to make it feel at home? Its meowed a few times but won't come out and hasn't eaten or drunk since it got here 5 hours ago.

I would just leave it be for a while, maybe put it in a room with its litter tray, food and water and close the door.

It's all scary right now he will come around soon!

Yes I would say leave it be too. My kitten hid for a day or so, just getting used to surroundings. :)

Its open plan here so can't shut it one small room but its starting to explore a bit more now and I decided to try some dry food in case it wanted that instead of the meaty stuff and its ate some - even ate some out of my hand! But its hiding again now, hope it starts to feel more settled soon. Will try and get some pictures tomorrow to post, its very cute. Have no idea if its a boy or a girl though!

Just give it some time to figure out it's new home and you x

Lost it inside the sofa :dohh: we turned the sofa on its side so it couldn't hide under it but there's a hole in the fabric at the bottom and it got inside and couldn't get out. Had to cut another hole to get it out!

Ahh, how cute :) Hope he/she settles soon, I guess (been a long time since I've had a kitten) lots of gentle encouragement and treats and they'll soon be won round :)

I'm seriously toying with idea of getting a kitten/s soon. My lovely old cat has been diagnosed with cancer and she hasn't got that long left :cry: I'm going to miss her loads and can't imagine having a house without a cat in. So, really interested in how it all goes, any tips etc...as pretty sure when her time comes, we'll be getting a kitten or maybe two (just got to convince DH :haha:)

xx

Some pics :D

https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u143/generalgayer/IMG_7177_zpse1054473.jpg

https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u143/generalgayer/IMG_7182_zpsa00b814c.jpg

What a cute face, looks so sweet :) I love his/her markings. Have you thought of any names yet?

xx

Not yet, I'm leaving it up to Maria.

Still hiding under the sofa but it wants to play, keeps squeaking until I hold the furry dangly toy for it to chase and then it comes out to play. So cute to watch! But still won't eat its meat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->