Getting closer to 20 week scan and changing feelings

Reiko_ctu

Reaction score
So I had 2 DDs already, and I know my husband would be happy with a boy or another daughter. But I'm sure he'd like a son. I was excited to maybe have a boy this time around because we have a lovely family name picked out and I was excited to use it.

But now that were about a month out from our 20 week scan which we will find out the gender at (baby cooperating of course) I just can't shake the feeling I really hope it's another girl. I know that if it's a boy I will be disappointed.

I guess maybe before it was far enough from reality I could be aloof about it but now that it's becoming more real my true feelings are coming out. I haven't said anything to anyone about it. My friend has 2 girls and is having her boy this month and so she hopes we're having one too. Everyone hopes we are actually.

I was back and fourth about gender with my first pregnancy but by gender scan was dead set on girls. I was very disappointed when she said boys. It was awful but then I eventually came around to the idea of boys. I think it’s totally fine to still prefer a girl this time. I actually was hoping for a third boy and got my little girl. I know boys and thought the idea of a third was nice. I love my little girl but it’s definitely very different already from a little boy. I wouldn’t change any of them for the world, but it’s ok to want one and mourn its loss if it turns out differently.

I will say being a boy mom has been absolutely the best thing that has happened to me. Boys are so much fun and snuggly and I honestly wonder why I ever even wanted twin girls or was upset because my boys are so amazing.

I hope everything turns out the way you hope and know that either way you’ll love this little one too!

I'm on the other end - I have 3 boys and just wanted a girl this time. Another boy. It took some getting used to and I was disappointed mainly because hubby really wants his own little girl. But he's 100% healthy and we came round to the idea pretty fast so this little one will be no less loved than his brothers. :) It does get easier. :) I was wanting a girl because I am just so OVER the noise of boys, Lego, Hot Wheels, mud and blue really. :haha:

I do think the chaos of boys scares me most. But being a third, even if this is a boy he's likely to follow in his sisters footsteps I think. So I'm sure he will be a bit better behaved and not as wild as some of the boys I know. But I do know it will be different. Of course I will love him too :). Hearing the mom's on this board talk about how great their sons are really helps get over the fear!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->