Getting concerned..IUD pregnancy?

TiffanyLouise

Reaction score
I've been putting off posting this for more than a week, impatiently waiting for AF to arrive but still nothing. This is the first time i've ever posted on this site so please be patient with me :thumbup:

I had the copper IUD fitted a little over 2 years ago and after the initial getting used to it period of time, my cycle returned to normal and have been regular and heavy ever since.

For the past 3 months i've been trying to track my cycle, with it being exactly 26-days every month. AF either shows up between the 7th-13th or the 15th-22nd of each month. My last period began on the 13th of December and i should have had AF on the 8th of this month according to my recent cycles, except she never turned up. For the entire month i've been having the regular AF symptoms, same type of cramping in my uterus, back and thighs as normal. For the past two weeks, however, i've had bouts of sickness and nausea, with constant hunger happening every day, along with the odd AF type cramping. I'm now on day 46 of a usually 26 day cycle and am beginning to get concerned that my IUD may not have done its job this month and i have in fact fallen pregnant.

I have so much faith in the low failure rate of the IUD that i feel a little silly taking a test or even being concerned, but i thought i'd just get other people's opinions.

Any thoughts? Thank you :D:D

If I were you, I would take a test to rule that out. If you are pregnant, then you can contact your doctor regarding what to do about the iud. If you aren't pregnant, then you can contact your doctor about not having a period yet so late. Sorry I'm not much help. I did have the IUD in for quite awhile and had consistent cycles on it. One month, I was 5 days "late" and thought I was pregnant, but nope, for whatever reason AF just came later. However, that being "late" kind of got me and DH's hopes up and I had the IUD removed the following month. Have been TTC #2 ever since (this was back in March of 2014). Keep us posted!

Definitely go take a test ASAP! I got pregnant TWICE with my iud in. :(

Thanks for your input girls, took three pregnancy tests that all came out positive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->