• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Getting her to eat more

marley2580

Reaction score
I really feel that Kaya needs to start eating more solids, I think that my milk's starting to not be enough for her. BUT, she's not that interested in food. We give her a bowl of some mashed stuff when we sit down to tea, but I don't think very much of it ends up in her mouth - the floor, her head, up her nose, but not her mouth lol. Even when we spoon feed her purees, she only eats about 8-10 baby spoonfuls before she gets fed up and won't eat any more. She's 8 months old. Any ideas?

I would not worry to much love, she can still get all she needs from her milk. I plan to let Bren lead us in solid foods, and don't plan on even bothering with mushy stuff. Once he has plenty of teeth and shows interest in what we are eating, then so be it.

I'm having the same problem with Tyler he'll only eat small amounts and thats it and only smooth stuff i was starting to worry that he isnt getting what he needs from me as well.

Juleika also eats like a mouse.

we just keep on offering her the food, she eats as much as she likes and gets the boob as much as she likes.

try to offer her food several times per day and/or top up with food she really likes :hi:

not more you can do, is it???

To be honest marley, I wouldn't force feed her unless you really have to. I'm not at that stage yet, but my son is a really bad eater too. As long as she is getting enough milk and is healthy at good weight etc. maybe just top her up with some more breastmilk as mickey said.

At 5 and a half months Ryan eats less (milk, not even taking into account solids) than most 3 and a half month olds. But he's full of energy (I really don't know where he gets it from), healthy and happy, so I don't push it. I just don't believe in the 'your not getting up until you've eaten every grain of rice' malarkey that I got when I was little, because I don't think it ever did me any favours. As long as he's taking his milk, I'm happy.

Might be worth speaking to your HV if you are concerned?

I would never force feed her, I'm just wanting to be able to get her sleeping for more than an hour or two before needing another feed. I also don't believe in the whole 'clear your plate' thing and when she pushes the spoon away or looses interest I stop. I suppose I'll do as Mickey says and keep offering it. Ho hum.

I also found that playing airplane, singing "yummy, yummy, I've got love in my tummy", eating of her food and making delighted sounds and statements about how it tastes, helps ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->