getting impatient

curlygirl87

Reaction score
hello girlies,

i'm so broody at the mo everyone around me is pregnant or alreday had babies freinds getting married and engaged all over the place. I'm in my final year and my final semester so I must concentrate on my studies but all I can think about is babies. It is only recently that i have really wanted to have a baby, I mean really it's like my body just said Ding right i want a baby now it's an over whelming urge that I must become pregnant sounds crazy. All I've ever wanted in the past was my career in teaching and to earn enough money to enjoy life instead of struggling with money as me and my b/f have done for years now. So getting pregnant would not be wise as I would just be enteering my career but I just dont know how long I can wait! I must sound crazy but honestly I'm not :wacko: my b/f says he'll go with the flow no matter what I want which does not help at all lol but it's lovely for him to be so supportive. At least i know alot of u ladies are in the same boat as me tahnks for reading if u do

OMG I was the exact same as u. 2-3 years ago I wasn't sure I even wanted kids, more interested in the career but now its hit me n its all I can think about. The one good thing is I've bn qualified a couple of years already and am a good 4 years older than u if 87 is the year u were born. So I guess its a little easier for me tho jus had to wait for OH to agree.

Sorry can't be of more help or give advice, as I know how hard it is to wait.

x

hey thanks so much for replying its reasuring to know that someone else feels the same as me and im not crazy lol. Yes 87 is the year I was born lol and can i ask you a question how long have u been working in your career and is it worth the wait in the long run? I know this is the logical and most economical route to take but I so want to give in and just have a baby. Hope you are well and thanks so much for commenting i really appreciate it

Well i've bn lucky n have bn working in my career path pretty much since I left school. I was able to work and study at the same time, all paid for by my employers so I've had it good. It's only now I'm qualified tho that I'm making decent money tho n even then sometimes I feel its not enough.

As for being worth it? Well in nov I was made redundant and am now working a 6 month contract position (with good potential to go permanent) which hasn't done my career any favours, so in that respect it wasn't worth it. But at the same time I've enjoyed havin the time to myself, long lies, holidays, cars, house. Although there are still more things I want to do I finally feel like i'm ready to start a family as I've done all this stuff I've wanted n hopefully wont regret it.

I used to think career was everything but now I've done a complete 180 n don't even wanna work when I start a family, although sadly i'll have to.

Depends wat u want from ur career I suppose! Do you want a job u like doing that pays enough to cover the bills or are u serious about going places in ur chosen profession? For me? I just want something to pay the bills n hopefully have some left over. :)

well im actutually training to be a teacher in my final year at uni now so i thinking give myself a couple of years in the job first get to know the job properly and get some money behind me.

i know that this is the right thing to do in the long run but im just so jelous of all my friends who have thier lovely little familes, dont get me worng i love them all to bits and im so happy for them i just want a piece of that lol.

you sound like you''ve got your head srewed on and done well for youself and done some things that you wanted to do I feel like I need to get a few things out of my system before i ttc i hope you get on ok whatever you decide in the near future and thanx for all the advice and honest answers x

OMG this is exactly the same as me to!
I finish uni in May but i have trained to become a teacher for the past four years. Me and my OH have both struggled for money because he is doing his masters degree. We both live with his parents. A baby would not be wise because we are both just about to start out working. I know what you mean about EVERYONE having a baby, it drives me mad but i know i have to wait for a couple of years to save up some money and actually have a place of our own.

Oh well a couple of years will soon pass ladies!

Oh my gosh curlygirl87 i didn't even see the bit that you posted about you training to be a teacher, ohhh me to what a coincidence :thumbup:

Primary or secondary?

Hope your final year is going well!

Hey and welcome :) Yeah I feel the same everyone around me is getting pregnant, lucky for me we are getting pregnant in my third because the husband has a good job, good luck :)

Oh just wanted to added I was like that all of a sudden all I can could think of was babies...

thanks to all of you ladies yes it is am over whleming urge lol all of a sudden too i just cant explain it it was like "ding" ok inpregnate me now lol. and missvickki i am hopefully going to be teaching primary cpould not handle the older kids lol too much hassle some of them are so mouthy even in primary now lol hope all goes well with your studies too and good luck to all the ladies that have replied and many thanks

Hey!!
I am the same age as you and I know exactly how you feel. I had always known I wanted children but mid last year something clicked and all I can think about is babies and getting pregnant!! OH is very supportive as he also wants to start a family. I don't have the same problem as you career wise as I have been at my job for 3 years and it is only office work. I would say that you are right and you should start your career firt but I know how hard that is when al you can think is I NEED A BABY!!!
:hugs:

hey thanks for replying hope u and your oh get your little family soon good luck x

Hunni i can relate to you so so much.
I was at uni when it hit me really hard how broody i was, specially as i had been with OH a while but i knew i wanted to get my degree and be a teacher first. Then when i started working me and OH decided we wanted to buy a house so when we have children we have a lovely home to bring them up in so this then came first. Last July we moved into our house so kind of guessed TTC was on the cards...then we got engaged in August. Basically i weighed up TTC and getting married and realised that i wanted to be married to my soul mate first. We are getting married Aug 2011 so i guess ihave another year and a half to wait. Looking back now i am glad i have waited, because we have decorated the house and settled in and the fact we are going to have a dream wedding. Teaching offers fantastic maternity pay and that so i worked out that if i wait till then theres a chance i will be able to go back only part time.

I know how hard it is hun, especially when theres so many people around pregnant and having babies. Its not easy at all. When do you think you plann TTC?

xx

well im actutually training to be a teacher in my final year at uni now so i thinking give myself a couple of years in the job first get to know the job properly and get some money behind me.

i know that this is the right thing to do in the long run but im just so jelous of all my friends who have thier lovely little familes, dont get me worng i love them all to bits and im so happy for them i just want a piece of that lol.

you sound like you''ve got your head srewed on and done well for youself and done some things that you wanted to do I feel like I need to get a few things out of my system before i ttc i hope you get on ok whatever you decide in the near future and thanx for all the advice and honest answers x

In all honesty I wud prob agree with the working for a year r 2 b4, jus so u find ur feet and also the extra money will come in handy.

Hope everything works out 4 u.

x

Hunni i can relate to you so so much.
I was at uni when it hit me really hard how broody i was, specially as i had been with OH a while but i knew i wanted to get my degree and be a teacher first. Then when i started working me and OH decided we wanted to buy a house so when we have children we have a lovely home to bring them up in so this then came first. Last July we moved into our house so kind of guessed TTC was on the cards...then we got engaged in August. Basically i weighed up TTC and getting married and realised that i wanted to be married to my soul mate first. We are getting married Aug 2011 so i guess ihave another year and a half to wait. Looking back now i am glad i have waited, because we have decorated the house and settled in and the fact we are going to have a dream wedding. Teaching offers fantastic maternity pay and that so i worked out that if i wait till then theres a chance i will be able to go back only part time.

I know how hard it is hun, especially when theres so many people around pregnant and having babies. Its not easy at all. When do you think you plann TTC?

xx
thanks so much u have really put things into perspective for me and my oh we have been talking and have decided to wait until im qualified and been in the job a few years. We have also decided to do some things together such as holidays, concerts, travelling and being with our friends more as we havent had much of a chance to do these thiongs as we both moved out when we were 18 and i have been in education ever since and he has worked evver since to support me and i also have two jobs to bring a bit of money in. So in reality we need the time to enjoy each others company a bit more and live and do all the things we want to do before we have children. I t would be a shame if all these years of studying went to waste. I'm so pleased that things have worked out for you and your other half and u seem very happy indeed. I also have found alot of like minded people on this site who are training in education and teaching it is truly what has inspired me to to want children watching them take evrything in when they are so young its the best and most challening job i wish u all the best with your career and your future wedding and dreams thanks again :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->