Getting kittens!!

Emma&Freya

Reaction score
Im getting 3 kittens next Wednesday, 2 girls 1 boy, its going to be tough I no but I was brought up with cats so want Freya too.

anyway, what would happen if they mate? cos Im bit worried cos they cant get done til about 4 months can they?

Four months is about the right time to get them done. If you're sure you can cope with three, it'll be fun but difficult.

If they mate, since they're related, the most humane thing to do would be to take them to the vets and get the vet to spay them anyway (they will spay them and the babies will sadly die but inbred animals are not healthy animals anyway)

Thanks. I wanted to get two kittens but I couldn't leave the other one haha. I'm looking forward to them but also quite worried

Sounds exciting! Just get them done as soon as you can to eliminate any possibility of them mating. X

I was told i couldnt get my kitten spayed till 6months, but yes i would get them done asap and just hope they dont mate beforehand x

i got my male sprayed at 5 months and cost a fiver as i have full housing benefit.

Cool, sounds like fun :D

We've got one oldish female cat (she's about 11) and I really want to get two kittens whilst she's still young enough to bring them into line :haha: I've just about managed to convince my DH it's a good idea :D

Can you let me know how you get on and any tips for getting them settled in :flower: I'm trying to work out when is the best time to get them.

xx

Three! Bilmey rather you than me lol!

Ive got 4 cats, 2 boys 2 girls. Having a few is no real difference to having just one really. More food to buy, more attention to give, etc but mostly, you wont notice that there's 3 around as if they are anything like mine, they spend 90% of their time asleep :D

All mine were around 4 months when I went and had mine done, but im not sure about the mating thing as I got my lot in 2 waves, the boys first then spayed and they girls afterwards and done. May be an idea to book an appointment with the vets when you get them to see if they have any suggestion on how to keep them getting it on lol

Good luck with your new kitties :) They really do add a bit of character to your home, wouldn't be without mine :)

I will do Bluebell :)

Thanks for the replies, Ill be honest Im thinking doubts now!

We had three cats for a while and I found it a huge amount of work. It didn't help that two of them were Persians, and needed grooming, and that two of them didn't get along. They also didn't really go outside. But I felt like I was forever cleaning up after them, feeding them, and getting meowed at lol! We just have one now and it's much better.

I think it depends entirely on the cats you have, ours are tabbies and we dont really have to groom them too much besides claw clipping and brushing every now and again. Its a bit more work when hoovering though as they obviously malt, especially between seasons but its not too bad.

If they dont get on, that just adds to the issues tenfold though, ive got friends who had 3 cats who hated each other and it was a nightmare, territory fights, spraying around the house horrid. Ive been really lucky in that all 4 of mine got on from the word go, but I do appreciate this doesn't happen for everyone.

There from the same litter and the woman said they do all get on and when I seen they did. If I cant cope then will have to give one away :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->