Getting married at 8 months pregnant :/

DLA

1st Time Mom & lovin it!
Reaction score
Everyone is trying to get me all excited about our wedding in 2 weeks but I'm really having a hard time with my body image. I definitely did not envision my wedding day being 8 months pregnant and disgustingly huge. I used to have an eating disorder so being at this high weight is hard anyway, but this is really rough. We were going to get married next year but do to financial/health insurance reasons (may have read about it in my other thread), we need to do it now.

There's not really a point to this post. I just feel ashamed of my body :( and am not even really excited about this wedding, which is going to be just family, thank god, but still I'm having a tough time.

Brides worry so much before the day about how they look - everyone wants to look 'perfect' on their big day and it seems to be the number 1 worry for a lot of women. I was paranoid that I'd come out in spots, I'd look deathly pale in the pictures, my arms would looks flabby etc....

On the day, once I'd got to the venue and everything had started, I couldn't give a damn about any of it. All the people I love most in the world were there to celebrate this amazing day with us. I didn't reapply my lipstick once, didn't look in a mirror, didn't even think about all the photo's being taken. It was just amazing and I still can't believe how much I worried beforehand and how different it was on the day.

Remember that you will be surrounded by people who love you and all they want to see is you and your new Hubbie smiling and enjoying yourselves. That's what makes a Bride beautiful xx

I go married when I was 8 months pregnant, it was great, bump Wąs kicking and wriggling when we doing our vows, felt like he was part of the wedding cermony

my sister got married at 8months pregnant. 17th april, and her daughter was born 17th may haha :p

I am sure that you will look absolutely beautiful! Regardless of what you think. I'm sure your OH will find you stunning, and that's all that matters. Try to see yourself through his eyes. :hugs: You are carrying his child!!! That makes your body the most beautiful body in the world!

And for some reason I'm getting all teary eyed because this has made me think about my wedding last September. LOL damn hormones!

So happy for you, regardless of the situation with health insurance. Congratulations. <3

Make sure you have a flattering dress, it will help you feel better about your image (or at least it does for me). Maybe a flowing maxi dress would help you feel less huge? Or a more form fitting dress might accentuate the bump and show off your figure in the right places? It's your big day and if looking a certain way is important to you, don't let it slide! But do remember the point of the wedding is to become one with your sweetie, so even if you feel huge and uncomfortable just try and remember that they love you no matter what. Annnnddd the important thing is to remember pregnancy is temporary. You can always get your vows renewed in a year or two, and get a groom&bride photo shoot done when you are at your normal size. I've heard of a lot of couples doing that when they get married pregnant, but want to have a non-pregnant ceremony later on.

Good luck, and congratulations on your marriage!! <3

I am getting married in two weeks too! June 8th :) but I will be 7 months pregnant. I am not really stressing about being pregnant cause I just can't wait to marry my fiancee and celebrate with friends and family!

I think you will look amazing on your wedding day!

Aw, I love seeing brides with a pregnant belly! I just think it is so sweet. I'm sure you'll look wonderful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->