Getting really frustrated!

LucyLadyBug

Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a bitch, but a co-worker is making me feel frustrated and angry about how much longer I still have to patiently wait before trying to conceive. I have other friends who have recently given birth/gotten pregnant and I have nothing but happiness for them. My anger is coming from the attitude of this woman and her history.

Context -

She is 22 years old, and has two children. one aged 6, one about a year old. She does not have custody of either children, both are in the custody of their fathers. She only sees them through controlled court access. She lives with her current partner, comes into work hungover every weekend, isn't the most efficient worker (but that's another story) and is a weed dealer. Which probably doesn't help her chances with visitation rights.

YET, every shift I work with her, all she goes on about is how broody she is and she wants to be pregnant again. And I'm sick of it. She has no sense of responsibility, lives her life like she's childless, yet goes on about how amazing pregnancy and babies are. It's like she's in love with the pregnancy part and when the babies are tiny, but looses interest afterwards.

Seriously, every time a baby cries in the shop or there's a pregnant mum/newborn she starts cooing loudly. Plus she has touched two heavily pregnant women without their permission (that I've seen) and made them feel uncomfortable whilst asking questions about gender, how long have they got left, and stating that they look big enough to pop.

I would literally do anything to start TTC now. But it's just not gonna happen till like 2016 because of work and house stuff (I'm in the process of transferring closer to home and then need to work on getting a promotion before requiring maternity leave, and my partners are currently retraining/looking for new work, so we need time to get settled and save up more money). I also keep feeling angry because she just seems to have no respect for being a mother or understand some of the difficulties/sacrifices many people in general and on these boards make during the path to parenthood.

Sorry for ranting :(

Ugh, I hate people sometimes. But there are lots like this out there. They do it with dogs, cats, horses...it's just even more sad when they do this with children. They want something to love and to love them, and the excitement of a new little life. But that don't actually know how to truly love...that it requires devotion, sacrifice, and selflessness. These type of people want babies (or pets, the same type of psychology behind it) for themselves but when it turns into a person outside of themselves, they lose interest.

I'd have trouble holding my tongue around her, especially when she started touching other people.

Btw - come join us in the waiting til 2016 thread! :)

Try to concentrate on yourself and ignore her. Least you know you will be a good mother and waiting for the right reasons trust me time will fly in

Wow, she doesn't sound like mother material at all and she wants to have another baby???? :dohh: It would probably be only a matter of time until that child would be taken away. I would say just ignore whenever you can and focus on your own path to motherhood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->