Getting really scared about labour :(

I spent most of the third trimester in bed thinking that it I laid still my labour wouldn't start. While my friends were eating curries, having hot baths, caster oil to try to get their labours started I shut myself off from the world and was in bed most of the time.
I refused a sweep at the hospital as I just didn't want it to start!

My waters eventually broke at home and almost instantly I had the most unbelievable calm come over me. I felt totally at ease and relaxed.
My labour was 2 days and I felt totally relaxed and in control. Even in the delivery too
I couldn't believe how I felt. My son was born , with a little help but perfectly healthy.
I'm now 35 weeks with my second and I'm starting to get a little nervous but I'm so active this time with my toddler that I don't have 5 mins to have a lay down!

I am doing this for the third time, and I am not dreading labour at all hon. The feeling when you first hold your baby is like no other, and the pain stops immediately!

Without a doubt being calm and having faith in yourself helps, so def have a look at birth stories. And remember, theres pain relief available! For this reason though, you need a supportive birth partner. My hubby is fab, and he realises that I like to be left a lone, so he keeps back in labour, I don't talk or want to be touched for some reason, I just get totally focused on breathing etc. But some women need touch, you will not know until you are in labour what you need.

You CAN do this, and you will have so much respect for your body when you do :)

We are all amazing! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->