Getting Rid of Dummies!

Cat

Reaction score
Well I have decided thats it no dummies anymore! I think its why DS wakes in the night, cause its fallen out and he wants it back, and its doing my head in going in to him for that. Plus although I dont tend to let him have it during the day unless he is really grizzly or in the car (he can scream loads while your driving) I think it might be partially to blame for im not speaking yet, cause he makes grunting noises with his mouth closed instead. So last night when he woke up and cried at 4:40am I went into him and pulled his blanket round him and didnt give him his dummy. He cried for 10 mins, so OH said he would go into him. I told him just to tuck him in stroke his cheak but NO DUMMY. he was gone ages so I went in and told him to leave him and not to make a fuss, so we got back into bed and he cried another 10 mins but then stopped and went back to sleep. After that he just woke a couple of times with a squeal but went straight to sleep again.

This morning Iput his dummies away for good in a draw, so I will see how he gets on. Not looking forward to afternoon naps, as without a dummy he tends to just stand and scream till he gets it. then goes to sleep.

Good luck!!

I want to get rid of Coby's dummy's now, but im to scared lol

Hope it goes ok for you both.

xx

Dior is 2 in a few weeks and still has hers. she has it at night, infact she has 4 for bed so when one falls out the cot she has back up :lol:
and she has one strapped to her car seat, in the day she manages to find them but in the day i just keep them up in her cot. im not in a rush to get rid of them at night. but she is not having them in the day any more

I seen on one of those Nanny programs they left the dummies outside in a little bag for the dummy fairy to come collect them & replace the dummies with a gift :lol: Well sweet & seemed to work :D

i seen one of them shows wobs, but the lady and the child burried them in the garden and put a plant there instead so the child could water them every day and watch his dummies grow into a tree. the next day the child was having a tantrum and start digging them up with a spoon :lol:

:shock: LMAO

Well they can't fly away & catch the fairy so might work better? :lol:

Wish mddie had her dummy to be honest ... she has sucked her thumb red raw tis horrible!!!

When we cream it and strap it up we have the worlds worse tantrum ...

KIDS!!!! lol

LOL Dionne that made me laugh!

Iwould mind so much if he would stick it back in his mount himself at night, but he will wake up and cry for it even though its right next to him, he is just so upset at it not being in his mouth he closes his eyes and bawls.

Im not looking forward to car journys, he is so loud, its awfull when your confined to a car with it!

Amy has only just got rid of hers at christmas, she hung them on the tree for father christmas and went cold turkey without them, to be honest she was an absolute nightmare to go to sleep but once she was asleep it was fine- she doesn't even ask for them anymore. She only had them for bed at night anyway but my nephews teeth went a funny shape cos of a dummy, the front top ones went arched so i thought i might as well do it now.

Jack still has his, i may try him at christmas this year when he's 2

Imi-Maddie's-Mum said:
Wish mddie had her dummy to be honest ... she has sucked her thumb red raw tis horrible!!!

When we cream it and strap it up we have the worlds worse tantrum ...

KIDS!!!! lol

thats why im glad Colby has a dummy :lol: Adele sucked her thumb and stuck her label off her banket up her nose since about 3 month old, shes still doing it and her thumb she sucks is slightly bigger than the other one. When its cold outside the thumb she sucks gets all sore and horrible looking, but i cant do anything to stop her as i cant take the thumb away from her :lol: :lol:

Your gonna have fun with her ....

Shoving things up her nose?? ... will be crayons and peas next lmao!!

xxx

i think the label up her nose thing is something to do from when she was born, when having the feeding tube in not sure though. She doesnt always stick it up her nose but she ALWAYS rubs the label along her nose and sucks her thumg at the same time when going to sleep :lol: :lol:

erm well I put him down for a nap, he screamed like I expected but went quiet pretty quick, he woke earlier than normal and when Igot him up, changed him and brought him back down stairs he screamed throughout. He continuned to cry downstairs, so I assumed he was still tired so I put him in his cot again and he just cried and cried and cried till Igave up and got him up (about an hour of crying in total) so we have just had huggs for about 1/2 hour and now he is happy climbing about the room.

Jonny was two and a half when he got rid of his. he was a real addict, one in his mouth and one in each hand but just fro sleeping. He gave his dummies to father Christmas to give to all the new babies. He nver asked for them again!

Ella's not too bad with her dummy, only has it for sleeping and only in the day when she is teething and not happy. She wont sleep without it though, unles she's in the car! I'll probably take it off her at around 18 months.

Good luck Cat if It goes well I may be trying it sooner lol

Cant offer any advic eon the dummies as ewan has never had one, and has never sucked his thumb. He has tigger cuddle blanket to go to sleep with and i have a spare so i have another for when i wash one!

Well it doesnt seem to be going badly so far. Last night he only woke at 6:10am cried for about 5 mins stoped and then sort of cried off and on for the odd couple of mins till about 6:30 then OH went into him just pulled his blanket up against his cheak and stroked him and he went back to sleep till is usual 8:30ish. So good night without us loosing to much sleep.

Has was in quite a grizzly mood this morning and Iwould have loved to just shut him up with a dummy, but we got through and he ended up happily building with his blocks. I have just put him down for his nap and again cried for just a couple of mins but he is quite accepting now that this is how it is. He has never sucked on his thumb, but he also has a blanket he loves that comforts him when he is a bit tired.

thankfully morgan didnt have a dummy but you do have to watch as the dummy makes they teeth grow forward or something the dentist told my friend that before but they are a god send for when they are babies my cousin still had a dummy when she was 8 i remeber sleeping over there one night and i swear the bottom draw of her chest of drawers had about 5/6 dummies i think that was rediculous so id try and get them off it as soon as you can my friend daughter is 3 in march and she is struggling to get her off hers

spunkyxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"