getting so fed up!

kayla93

Reaction score
So basically I jus need to vent. I have been to L&D 4 times in the last week with contractions. The first two times they gave me a shot of terbuline to stop them and sent me home. I was told to come in right away because my baby is breech, I am dilated to 1 and 50% effaced and I was only 34 weeks at the time. The next 2 times I went in, they had to give me 2 shots of the terbuline to stop the contractions as 1 shot wasnt enough and a shot of morphine for the pain. This last time they basically told me that I have to put up with the pain, and that they wont do the c section until I start dilating more or until my due date. I am so sick and tired of being in pain all the time. I constantly have cramps or contractions, and they are telling me to suck it up and deal. :growlmad: The contractions the last two times were regular and the last time were coming 10 minutes apart, but since I am only 35 weeks and they dont deliver babies until they are at least 36 weeks at my hospital, they stopped the contractions. How am I supposed to put up with constant pain, cramps and contractions for the next 4 weeks?

So basically I jus need to vent. I have been to L&D 4 times in the last week with contractions. The first two times they gave me a shot of terbuline to stop them and sent me home. I was told to come in right away because my baby is breech, I am dilated to 1 and 50% effaced and I was only 34 weeks at the time. The next 2 times I went in, they had to give me 2 shots of the terbuline to stop the contractions as 1 shot wasnt enough and a shot of morphine for the pain. This last time they basically told me that I have to put up with the pain, and that they wont do the c section until I start dilating more or until my due date. I am so sick and tired of being in pain all the time. I constantly have cramps or contractions, and they are telling me to suck it up and deal. :growlmad: The contractions the last two times were regular and the last time were coming 10 minutes apart, but since I am only 35 weeks and they dont deliver babies until they are at least 36 weeks at my hospital, they stopped the contractions. How am I supposed to put up with constant pain, cramps and contractions for the next 4 weeks?

it may hurt you and you maybe tired but its better for your babies outlook to stay in you as long as long as they can so they can be as healthy as they can....isnt that worth every bit of what your going through..
your in the home stretch...the last bit....your will have your little loves in your hands in a few weeks..better to have them in your hands happy and healthy and ready to take home then worrying about them in the nicu early...
i know your tired hun...but they dont call it a labor of love for nothing...:)

^
Everything she said! I know it's painful, my last few weeks were too but LO needs to cook as long as possible, I promise you'll forget about the pain when you've got a happy, healthy baby in your arms!

Its just something you have to deal with for the sake of.your child. Also, are they sure youll NEED a csection? Babies flip all the time, as late as 40 weeks, so dont rule out.a.vaginal.birth entirely.
Try to find things to make yourself. Comfy. Warm showers, heat pads on your back, tylenol.. anything to.help.you cope.

Its just something you have to deal with for the sake of.your child. Also, are they sure youll NEED a csection? Babies flip all the time, as late as 40 weeks, so dont rule out.a.vaginal.birth entirely.
Try to find things to make yourself. Comfy. Warm showers, heat pads on your back, tylenol.. anything to.help.you cope.

Oh yeah, Mine flipped the day before..I was so relieved :) Babies even twins can suprised you...

good luck hun

I really agree with justhoping!

It can't be fun for you at all, but it's best for your baby to keep cooking as long as possible, also agree that babies flip suddenly, I know someone who went in for her section but baby flipped and she went into labour naturally and had a vaginal birth :)

As hard as it is, as uncomfortable as you are, keep in the forefront of your mind that this is the best for your child. I'm sure you'd rather keep your child inside you and put up with a few more weeks of pain, than deliver early and have your child in intensive care.. Try and rest, take some paracetamol, keep your feet up. Try to keep busy, watch films/movies, do a scrapbook, have friends over. Hang in there :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->