Getting stains out

Callie-xoxox

Mummy Of Lyrik<3
Reaction score
Best thing to get stains out?
I know there is 1000 things in the UK I could get
But I live in Canada and I cant find any thing that is eco friendly
and wont damage my nappies.

I would just wait until you get a sunny day. I know they're rare in BC at this time of year but if you are EBF, you'll be amazed how quickly the stains disappear in the sun. Sometimes it only took 1-2 hours.

Stains don't really matter as long as the nappies are washed and clean. Gets a bit trickier to get them out when you start solids but it is still doable.

Yep I was going to say the sun as well :D Better than any stain removing product xx

I had really bad poo stains and pinkclaire suggested I pre wash, wash and then extra rinse... It worked perfectly and got all my stains out, I just used a supermarket brand non bio tablet with them, well half of one.
I then let the only nappy (out of about 7) sit in the sun which still had a little orange tinge to it and it has gone :D xx

thanks ladys!
The stains are not bad at all I dont even know if it is there
but today L had a BIG blow out and it was bad.
I will try to sun them out!

ive been thining of what I will do in december/jan when I get stains..there is literly no sun!

You dont need sunlight you just need natural light, So on a windowsil in winter will do the same trick ;)

Also can rinse the poo off before you put them in the bucket, I found in the days before solid poo's which are flushable, I never got stains cos i rinsed it first. Then if still needed i added some vanish bar before the wash! think ive only ever had 2 nappies that needed sunned out!

I do rinse them before I put them in the nappy pail
I have not had a stain yet :wohoo:
I am using flushable liners and they seems to be doing the trick
there is hardly ever any poop on the nappy!

Baking soda! It's 100% safe for your nappies and can be added with your detergent. I put baking soda in the bucket when I soak them (and in the wetbag to take care of the smell) and then I add some in the wash and I don't ever gets stains.

Also, a great cloth detergent that's available in the US & Canada is called Rock'in Green (or Rockin' Green. I can't remember where the apostrophe goes :blush:)

I've found that sun works very time! I use Rockin Green and love it, I use it on all our laundry now.

i wanted to get some Rockin Green but to get it shipping to me is like 40$ cause of the weight and I cant find it any where!

I will also try baking soda! I never thought of that!

Try New and Green for Rockin Green. Shipping is a flat rate of $9 in BC and orders over $150 get free shipping.

https://www.newandgreen.com/Washing_Cloth_Diapers_76_cat.html

And this is a chart for water softness levels in Canada.

https://newandgreen.com/blog/cheat-sheets-free-downloads/canadians-what-kind-of-water-do-you-have

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
thats soo cheap I cant believe it!
Is it good for stains as well as its good for the nappy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->