• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Getting the gender wrong?

None of mine have ever been wrong...but I have a friend who had 5 boys, and then on her 6th was told a girl. She went ALL OUT GIRL because she was sooooo happy she finally had a daughter...and out came Boy #6.

None of mine have ever been wrong...but I have a friend who had 5 boys, and then on her 6th was told a girl. She went ALL OUT GIRL because she was sooooo happy she finally had a daughter...and out came Boy #6.

Oh wow, that must have been a huge shock!

My friend has 3 girls and this pregnancy (she's due in february) was told boy so she has done like your friend and gone all out blue/boy EVERYTHING! I know her and her oh would be happy as long as there is a healthy baby but her oh is REALLY excited to get a son, especially since it's their last baby.

Makes me glad I am on team yellow!

oh, btw, my mom was told she was probably having one boy and it ended up being twin girls, but this was 30 years ago so things were A LOT different!

I want a boy so badly that I'm afraid if I find out in a few weeks it's another girl (which would make 3 girls and a boy), that I'll lose connection with the pregnancy, so I'm staying Team Yellow.

I know of one couple expecting a girl who got a boy.

I have always stayed team yellow but had prenatal genetic blood tests this time that indicate boy 3 and the ultrasound agrees.

I believe it is more likely to say girl and get boy but it can happen both ways. There is reportedly up to about a 1 in 20 chance of it being wrong

I think it's pretty rare, but yes it does happen since it's not 100%.

the problem is that there are many variables.

1) when was the scan done? if done before 16 weeks, there is more of a chance they could be wrong. (From what I've heard, it's more accurate to wait until after 16 weeks.)

2) Outdated machine/technology

3) experience of the ultrasound tech

4) position of baby

The gender of my baby was revealed at our 19 week ultrasound and thankfully we had a very good potty shot. The ultrasound tech has 8 years of experience and has not been wrong yet (as far as she knows) and the equipment they have is very good/high tech. So I'm not worried she got it wrong. I also had a gut feeling and dreams that made me think girl. My husband too. :thumbup:

I always wonder how clear the potty shots are that these people get when the tech is wrong. I wonder is it obvious or if they just went with what the tech said even tho it's incorrect or does it really look like the predicted gender? For example.. If it's said to be boy and turns girl was there an obvious penis in the shot or not? Our LO has been said to be boy every time from 14wks and the last 2 scans were very obvious. I'd be shocked to pop out a little girly to the point I'd demand it wasn't my child! :haha:

My husband was a little leary too, and asked the tech - so...what are the chances that it's actually a boy?

The tech agreed that ultrasounds are not 100% but that the entire time she was measuring baby and checking the organs she was getting different angles of the potty shot so she could feel more confident that baby is a girl before she told us.

If ours ends up being a boy, it will be a shock but we would still be happy ;-)

Had an ultrasound at 16, 20, 21, 31, and 32 weeks. Each time it was extremely obvious it was a boy, seen the ballsack the last few times. Ill be very surprised if he comes out Girly! Everyone I know has been predicted correct, too.

My mum actually knows a lady that was told she was having a boy and during labour it went wrong and she had to have an emergency section and because there was no time she had to be put to sleep. Well the baby came out a girl and she refused to believe the drs and nurses when she woke up that it was her baby because she was having a boy! The nurses actually caught her walking up and down the corridors at the hospital looking for her baby because that wasn't her baby xx

My mum actually knows a lady that was told she was having a boy and during labour it went wrong and she had to have an emergency section and because there was no time she had to be put to sleep. Well the baby came out a girl and she refused to believe the drs and nurses when she woke up that it was her baby because she was having a boy! The nurses actually caught her walking up and down the corridors at the hospital looking for her baby because that wasn't her baby xx

That is crazy!

I don't know anyone who was told the wrong gender either. NHS told me DS1 was a boy at 16w. Now I'm in NI and the hospital swear blind they won't tell you the gender... yet I was scanned by the fetal mess consultant on Thursday and he offered! Again, definite boy. I know it's true because we've had the Harmony test and baby has the Y-chromosome ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->