getting them to drink from a cup

louise1302

mum to FIVE boys :)
Reaction score
im trying to get archie off his bottle in the daytime and onto a cup but its proving to be a lil harder than i thought so far ive tried the tommee tippee weaning cup...it looks like a ctn bottle but is blue and has a soft kind of spout with a valve in and the next one up from that i think it was 7 month and up i think the only difference was it had handles

the problem im having is he wont ssuck on it so nothing comes out as they have the non spill valve and he and i end up frustrated

he uses avent bottles so have just ordered the avent cup converter pack thing...does anyone use this or what cups did you 'teach' lo with

many thanks

I'm using a doidy cup, well he has it at least twice a day any other time its the tommee tippee one I use xx

You would probably be better getting a free-flow cup if he gets frustrated. It's better for any drinks other than water anyway as sugary drinks affect the teeth more when they're from a sucky cup. I found it took a long time for Byron to get the hang of the cup (we have the tommee tippee first cups). We did try the in between one tt do as we got it free with the steriliser but he didn't like it. He's just now got the hang of lifting it by himself. I would just keep perservering offering the cup and he'll get the hang of it eventually.

ive only recently got Joel onto a cup (he was about 16 months!)
I tried ALSORTS! the only one he will take is a nuby one! its great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->