Getting very frightened about this.....

I had my first in 4hrs30mins and then 2nd in 1hr30mins...by no.4 it was 28 mins. I am on no.7 now and being induced.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

27 minutes!!!!! Wow, I take my hat off to you for getting to number 7 too xx

I'm worried about this too. My and OH's parents live far away and all my friends work so I don't know what to do with DS if I go into labour on a weekday. I have some time to figure it out. He goes to a home day care in our neighborhood so she might take him for a few days. I'll probably see if my parents can come up around the due date but I could still go early or late.

I would try not to worry to much - I would think these sporadic deliveries would be quite uncommon. If you are seriously worried and only 5 minutes from the hospital by car, as soon as you think you're in labour, just all get in the car and go. The chances of having a baby in 10 minutes would be fairly rare I would think! Now if you were to have said you delivered in 30 minutes last time, then I would be concerned.
Try to relax - you won't be able to change anything. You're about as close to a hospital as you can be :)
Rx

The unfortunate thing about having another little one though is you can't just "all get in the car and go"!! You have to either drop other child off somewhere or wait for someone to come and get her. Obviously it's not going to happen in 10 minutes but I do know of a few second time mums who were told by hospital to wait longer and have ended up having baby at home on their own :argh:

Hopefully there will be some reassuring posts on this thread as there are obviously some of us who are genuinely a bit worried about it xx

I was genuinely trying to offer help by saying it would be unlikely and reassue her :shrug: I appreciate it's not ideal, but if she is genuinely concerned why not? I have a little girl too and this is my plan. At least being at the hospital if anything was to happen she would get medical assitance. I have a 40 minute drive to hospital and my nearest family member is 1.5 hours away. So yes I have concerns too! I only wished I lived nearer and so did my family. Sorry if my conern didn't sound genuine enough :nope:
Rx

Thanks, maybe our concerns are litte OTT but we all have different things to worry about.

All I was trying to say was that the hospital I am going to won't take me until I am very nearly ready to push and I don't want my daughter anywhere near me at that stage. She's only 2 and very much a mummy's girl and would be extremely upset to see me in pain.

I went from 3cm to fully dilated in less than half an hour with her so I am just worried by the time I realise it's really happening it will be too late to deal with anything and I want my husband there.

I do realise I am in a lucky position not being far from the hospital though xx

Same for me. My first was 5 hours but straight into very painful contractions and. Can't imagine travelling the 50 MINUTES to the hospital going through that!!

I'd love a home birth but had retained placenta last time and if it happens again I REALLY don't want to be blue lighted with a newborn in tow and a toddler who's just woken up to complete mayhem.

I'm planning on travelling to a friends house who lives 5 mins from hospital when contractions start and taking it from there. My babysitter lives 15 minutes away.

My midwife keeps telling me to be on the lookout for signs as Ava was quite fast for a first baby but I was induced to don't really know what to look for!!

I'm in the same situation, although close to the hospital I birth fast and I have 3 children at home. My biggest advice is get educated on home birth, the more educated you are the less scared you will be. I would also spend some time talking to your kids even young ones about what might happen and have yourself a labour kit ready with clean towels and blankets. Good luck ladies and I hope you make it to the hospital in time :)

I can totally understand your fears...

My first was induction and lasted 10 hours. My fear is not knowing when I am truly in labour and the fact that our hospital is 2 hour drive from here!! Both mine and DH mothers labours where very quick as in under 2 hours.

I just hope my waters break first so we can jump in the car and go. My OB is going to induce me but not till 39th week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->