• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Getting worried

winterbabies3

Wife, Mother & Expecting
Reaction score
I felt baby once last night and nothing today. I am so tempted to call up to the hospital. I have tried everything and still nothing. I have done so much the last couple days and I am wondering if I over did it and hurt her somehow (crazy pregnant lady talk I know) but I have painted a room and wearing a mask but thinking the fumes hurt her or something crazy. Do you girls still have quiet days later on like this? Usually I feel her after I eat or drink something:nope:

Although you are a month ahead of me, I think that at 21 wks one could still miss baby's littler movements. I've read that end of 5th month, beginning of 6th is when it becomes easier to feel movements.

Eating or moving around can get your baby going, but you will also feel it when you are lying still. A good rule of thumb is, if something goes wrong at this point, your body would tell you somehow.

If none of that gets your mind at ease, of course call MW or OB.

Cheers!

Thanks girl, I just need to calm down and realize that my body would tell me in a stronger way then just "thinking" something is wrong.

It would be so much easier if we could talk to baby and make sure they're ok in there!

Lol, well she was listening!! I was talking to her and begging for her to just move once and she did!! Lazy baby;) I can go to bed now! Thank you again!

I rang my midwife with fears when I couldn't feel baby moving, that plus I couldn't find her on my doppler and they fobbed me off for being too early, I was fuming!

I rang my midwife with fears when I couldn't feel baby moving, that plus I couldn't find her on my doppler and they fobbed me off for being too early, I was fuming!

That's not right!! It takes two seconds for them to check for baby and I don't understand why they don't just bring you in. We pay for insurance and bills that's are not covered. It's very irritating cause I'll sit by the phone and want to call them but don't cause I know they will just brush it off.

I'm glad you felt movements again and were reassured! At 26 weeks I still have some days where I feel like "yesterday he kicked so much and now I can't remember how much I've felt him today, I hope nothing is wrong!" And then in the night or the next day he's back to his usual self. One trick that usually works for me to at least feel a bit of movement is drinking some ice cold water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->