Gift list/registry

Frustrated

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Just wanted to know your thoughts on having a gift list. We know friends and family will want to buy us gifts after the birth so we thought it may be a good idea to have a list but we're wondering whether there is actually going to be much we can put on there as it seems that you need most of it prior to the birth!
On the other hand, they are still going to buy us stuff whether we have a list or not so maybe its better that we can actually give them a guide to what we like.

Have any of you ladies had a list and if so, where from please? Also, what kind of things did you put on there? The only things I can really think of that we wont need until after the baby is born is more clothes, walker, high chair, toys. There must be more!

Any advise would be gratefully received!

xxx

I made one for my baby shower. I just put the things that I still needed on it. Sheets and a changing pad... bottle sterilizer, some of the less expensive odds and ends that I haven't got yet.

My shower is on Sunday!!! eek!!!! After that I'll know what I still need to get. People will pretty much buy what they want anyways I think.

I would opt for vouchers of certain shops or simply money. We gt hell of a lot of rubbish clothes when my son was born, some of the things went straight back in the shop cause they were just dead ugly.
This time I said to everybody please dont go mental just give us mothercare vouchers if u want to give us anything at all.

Thanks Ladies, I am not having a baby shower otherwise I would have done a list for that so the only option is to do it for the birth or not at all. I know we will get loads of rubbish and so really like the idea of a list but I guess vouchers or money would be better. Hmm, will have to decide soon. I think I am going to have a look around the stores this weekend and see what we can actually put on the list that we dont need until after the baby is born. If there is actually quite bit, we'll go with the list. Thanks again xxx

What about stuff for when the baby starts crawling and walking... Like walkers, and push toys, and stand toys/tables. I think people will ultimately buy what they want, but if you have things you know you will be buying down the road, why not add them to a list!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->