Gifts for the grandma's.

DCS

Reaction score
I was going to get the kids to make them something but I just don't think it would hold their interest to do a big project.
I now have no idea what to get them. Can anyone suggest anything? They both do so much for us, I'd love to spoil them a little, but we don't have a huge amount of money.

I got some plain porcelain mugs and special pens. Hoping I can get DDs to draw a half decent picture on them. DD2 just scribbles but DD1 has just started drawing people.

How about a little hamper with their favourite treats?

I'm getting my grandparents a photo canvas each.

I'm probably getting my mum theatre tickets and mil not sure, hubby usually buys hers but common themes are ds games and nice candles

For my mums birthday I took ds to a pottery painting place and he did her a mug. Last Christmas I got some baubles and porcelain paint from hobby craft and did baubles with dh's handprints made into festive things like reindeers.

I've done both sets of grandparents photo calendars. I've done them previous years and they've really liked them. Vista print are doing 50% off, but only for a couple more days I think. 2 calendars cost me £20 including delivery.

I do my mom a photo calendar each year (and get myself one too! :) ) This year I'm also getting her a print for her wall. Just took dd this past weekend for a photo shoot. A couple years ago, with her calendar, I took dd to a pottery place and put her feet on a plate and made them into a butterfly and wrote something about butterfly kisses on it (can't recall atm). Mom loved it and still has it displayed. This year for her birthday, I bought one of those stepping stones kit from a hobby store (very inexpensive) and let daughter do her hand prints and then let dd decorate it with stones, and I carved the date into it. Mom loved that too and put it in her garden.

OH's Grandma has 3 diff sized LED candles + bubble bath.
OH's Nanna has bird tealight holder and bubble bath.

I finally got OH to do some stealth investigating with his mum, ( I'm quite sure he just asked her outright what she is into because I was struggleing) she mentioned she likes butterfly's and a jewellery shop in town do nice butterfly earrings. So I thought I'd take the kids into town and either get them to pick a pair or get her a voucher. And fuzzy socks. I'm still stuck for my mum, she did ask for some mugs like mine so I will get her them but they were only cheap. I like the idea of a photo gift.

Some great ideas! I'll be following thread as at a complete loss.

I saw a lovely photo frame in b&m that would look lovely in my mum's house, but it's quite large, it's a off white colour. I thought, I'd get a few pics of the kids printed in black and white, and get them to draw her a picture and add that and make a photo collage. Not sure if the ideas a bit shit though. I feel like we have done handprints and decorated mugs to death. There's only so many scribbled on mugs they need, because that's all dd does. DS is better and actually draws pictures but if he does one dd will want to do one too.

My MIL has fluffy socks so far. And I'm stuck! And she always just asks for socks... and I can't just get her that! :haha:

I'm the past we have done the mugs and porcelain pens, photo books, photo calendars, ceramic stars the kids drew on, and this year I'm doing a collage of photos on a canvas

My MIL has fluffy socks so far. And I'm stuck! And she always just asks for socks... and I can't just get her that! :haha:

What about turning it into a little footcare hamper with a nice scrub, cream, nail polish etc? You could put it in a nice box with some tissue paper x

I've got my mum a photo book (I do one every year for the year) photo calendar, candle and bath bombs. MIL is getting vouchers, she's not involved with the kids much.

I just got two hamper kits in Aldi today (£4.99) to fill for each set of grandparents - one in their 70s and the others in their 50s, so some of the contents will vary but while I was in Aldi I got two packs of luxury biscuits, two boxes of chocolate canapés, and some gorgeous candles in glass holders which are made of gel with whole berries, orange slices, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves etc in them.

I picked these up too and doing the same - picked up some fudge and biscuits to go in the grandads but thinking more of a pamper one for the nannies.

Last year I got MIL a floating locket necklace with her grandkids' birthstones in it. This year I got her these floating charms with the kids photos on them.

icm_fullxfull.106324059_pzf85axftuok8cg8og00.jpg

She's also getting a personalized mug which she asked for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->