Gigglebox's birth story...3 and a half years late

gigglebox

My husband only makes y sperm
Reaction score
We are ttc #2 and I was inspired to look on here and see how much of my first birth I documented. It's interspersed in short blips in an old thread on here....so I thought it was about time I compiled it into one place :thumbup: so here it is, copy and pasted in the order it was written:
March 31st

((This wasn't detailed in the thread, but at about 1:00pm my husband and I had just gotten back from going out for breakfast. He was making me sit on a towel in the car because he feared my water was going to break. I kind of laughed at him and explained that doesn't usually happen first...well when we got home i grabbed my lap top and went to lay on the couch with it, and my water broke! Right there on the couch. I jumped up and ran to the bathroom. Miraculously, none of it got on the couch. I screamed "BABY!!!" To my husband who was in the basement. "MY WATER JUST BROKE!" And in a panic, he came upstairs, I called the OB, and we were at the hospital about 40 minutes later.))

so i'm admitted into the birthing enter...laying in bed typing as we speak. so i get here an have an internal exam and I am, you guessed it...

1 cm!

still!

mother f***er!

so now i'm on pitocin. mom is here reading a magazine and hubs is trying to hook up his xbox lol

and i am nervous as f***.

I just felt a contraction that was slightly painful...they have just been annoying braxton hicks feeling contractions so far...though i guess since i'm in labor bh isn't the right word...gah there it goes...yeah i can see how this is really going to suck later!

oh and something that sucks; they won't let you lay flat on your back, even if the bed is in the "sitting up position. so the nurse stuck a pillow under my left side and i'm pretty uncomfortable this way.

water, gone...well, still leaking a smidge but gone. plug, gone. drip, in...and i have to piss with every contraction so that kind of sucks...and i think they're getting closer together. if i get checked and haven't made progress i, too, may cry lol

(About 10:00pm:)
*sigh* only user on right now...

well i don't know how many more posts i'll be able to make, but here i am, in bed, epidural inserted the actually offered it to me almost immediately but i refused in until i had been laboring for a few hours. got to 3cm before i accepted...and thank god i did because they sure have gotten worse! i am feeling them through the epi, but they are not too too bad...i can feel it mostly in my lower back when they happen.

also feel like i'm going to puke.

also constantly feel like i have to piss. i have a catheter inserted but it doesn't take that need to piss away...

feeling contractions a bit in my ass too

(Later, still...) just wanted to say i felt pressure in my ass, thought it was just another contraction, but instead let out a nice lovely loud fart with the nurse, mom, and hubs in the room (i don't remember this but it's hilarious!)

April 1st, 1am-ish

updating--100% effaced, 4-5cm dilated as of about an hour ago...not too shabby! the thing that sucks is the contractions are coming about 1-2 minutes apart now.

so much for not having an april fools baby but, as i think i said earlier, it's pretty fitting considering the trouble this little guy gave us in the beginning! "hey mom, i'm pretty much screwed; see this fluid? yeah, i'm surely a girl with turners syndrome who has a 15% chance of living...JUST KIDDING!"

GAH contraction...f*** these things suck. epi was touching it but getting back to how it felt before the epidural now.

oooooh what you ladies have to look forward to

lol, had my temp checked while typing. 99...it's slowly creeping up, but she did say that could mean labor is around the corner...

oh, also, my BP had started to drop so they gave me some medicine...not sure what it was but it made my heart race a little, which they did NOT warn me about beforehand. so, just be prepared for that if it happens to you. IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU (points at screen)

April 2nd

last thing i wrote was 5-6cm, 100% effaced, i think...so, then i get checked again about an hour later, and i was at 7 cm! yay! but my contractions in my left side (mainly in my butt cheek) were getting really bad and I was breathing heavily through them. they gave me another dose of meds, which helped for probably all of 20 minutes (maybe?) before the pain was coming on again. so they decided to replace the epi; so i had it all removed and stuck again, which honestly wasn't that big of a deal...except it only took the edge off but wasn't making them go away. so i could hardly sleep, i was exhausted, and two hours later i get checked...7cm. i had stopped progressing, baby was obviously big...on top of that, we were in this balancing act of keeping my heart rate down, and then Des was dropping his rate after contractions...and so they would give me oxygen to help him out, and then my blood pressure would drop, so then they would give me a shot of meds to help that, which would make my heart rate increase...

so with everything, they decided a c-section was the best way to go.

poor hubby, he had finally gotten in an hour and a half of sleep and was exhausted from the day, and then he got woken up to, "hey, we're having a c-section." then they briefly told him what was going on (they thoroughly explained it to me and my mom but he was passed out during that...actually he was so tired, he even slept through them coming in, turning the lights on and resetting my epi lol). so he was groggy as hell and they sent him down the hall to get dressed in surgical clothes while the prepped me in the OR. i was so tired, and they (using the same line the epi was fed through) finally put a numbing agent in so the pain was finally nonexistent...so hubs came in, looking tired and concerned, and sat by my head right as they started the procedure. It was a weird sensation, all the pressure and fumbling and pushing around. i could feel them pull little Des out too. but at this point, as i said, exhausted...and they brought des to me, i kissed his cheek and snuggled to his face for a minute (which i loved) but i couldn't see him very well due to basically having double vision from exhaustion. hubs took a picture, then followed him to the warming picture and then went with him to the nursery. he took some videos and pictures, and i think it was really great for him, because when he left me he looked terrified...when i was eventually rolled back into the room, he was beaming! i have been extremely happy with how he's taken to daddy-hood.

so, Des was out in about 7 minutes...and so was i lol; that is, out as in passed the fuck out. i slept through the rest of surgery and woke up as they were finishing my staples and my numbing agent was wearing off, so it was getting pretty painful again. i was crying, but, meh, i hadn't even squeaked a scream through the whole process so i felt i deserved it. The wheeled me into recovery for about an hour. i had a nice chat with my nurse; eventually my mom came in and hung out with me there.

ok, WORST part was the belly squishing to get blood out...on top of a fresh major cut/wound...uuuuuugh, so fucking painful.

so after they decided i was good to be moved into my room, i got wheeled down where hubs and my dad were waiting. I was super nervous because i hadn't really felt like i had met my son yet.
so finally they brought him in the room. he is so damn cute, and has a full head of straight dark brown hair. giant chubby cheeks. and skin, dare i say, softer than a baby's bottom lol.

but the best part? he has a light red birth mark on his arm this is super exciting to me because i have 3 giant ones on my thigh, my mom's got one on her back, and I was hoping he'd have a mark too

oh, right forgot to say he was born at 5:33am. He was 9lbs 2oz and just shy of 21 inches long. There are about 18 babies in the nursery (the hospital had a very busy weekend!) and he is the largest one here!

He's been doing well, but we have a couple health concerns i'm trying not to think about. First of all, he wasn't born with descended testicles. So he got the sack, but the testes are (hopefully) up inside him. he will have an ultrasound tomorrow to make sure they exist, then we wait about 6 months to see if they drop on their own. if they don't, it means he'll have to have surgery to move them down he also has a heart murmur, but my brother was born with one and I also have one, so i'm not too concerned about that. He will be checked tomorrow for both of these things and have his circumcision done at the same time.

Oh, things I forgot...i got a fever during labor too which has been lingering into today. they gave me antibiotics as they think i have some kind of infection, but fever broke...

p.s. he was checked again today and they don't hear the murmur anymore

Congratulations! Best of luck TTC baby #2 :)

Thanks ladies ^_^ just to update (because that first post ended abruptly), Des had torticollis and had to go to physical therapy for a bit. Because of the strain in his neck that pulled his head in one direction, he always slept on the same side and has a bit of a flat spot on the back of his head. I am told that it should round out by the time hes 5 :thumbup: also, he did end up with the undescended testes and had ro have surgery :( that was very rough, but he healed up great from it.

I was extremely swollen when i gave birth, and so was he, but he shrunk a little before we left (i think he was about 8lbs 14oz or so). I dropped 20 lbs in the first 2 weeks haha.

I'm nervous to do it all again!

Congratulations huni good luck with ttc number 2 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back