Giovanni is here!

mami2karina

Mami of 3~Expecting #4!
Reaction score
I went into labor Thursday Sept 15th at 8:55pm. I was leaving to go get my hubby from work and my water broke in the car. I turned back around to the hourse to drop our son off with my mom and called him and the hospital. I got there and of course the contractions stopped so at 12:40am they started pitocin. My group B strep results weren't back so they had to give me IV antibiotics every 4 hours until I delivered. I was only at 2cm but my contractiosn were regular and strong from the pitocin so my nurse suggested I get my epidural and I am so glad I did because I slept all night. I progressed slowly like usual but once I was at 5cm for a few hours I turned from my right side to the left and within 15 minutes I was at 8cm then a few minutes later I was complete! His head was still high up so my OB had my bear down a bit and his head was ready to come out. They took the bed down and 2 pushes later Giovanni Jose was born at 10:05am Friday September 16th 2011. He was born on Mexican Independence Day! He weighed 5lbs 11.6oz and was 19.5 inches long! He scored an 8 and 9 on his APGARs and was perfect :) I couldn't be happier. We were suppose to be released today but he's developed a mild case of jaundice and his pediatrician is out of town until tomorrow so the on call Ped today thought it best to move us up to the Peds Floor and admit us up there. He's got a bili blanket under him and a bili light over him. Since he's a preemie (born at 36+1) he is eating small amounts frequently but they want him to take a little more at once and less frequently hence why we're staying. But he is eating good and peeing and pooping as he should. They just want to breakdown the bilirubin while we're here instead of possibly getting home and having a problem.

Congratulations! I hope you get him home soon :)

Thanks. I do too. I hate having him right here next to me and not being able to hold him. They said the light can make him more tired or lazy and not eat as much and that's exactly what we need him to do - eat more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->