Girl name advice please!

mizzyb

Reaction score
Hi ladies I wrote a thread a while back and had some wonderfully useful replies I was so thankful as We want to call our girl Willow but my mums dog is called that, after lots of reassurance we think we may go for it with my mums blessing also. SOoo the question is, we thought to avoid confusion when at mums we will give her a nickname and as it goes my son prefers the nickname to the actual name so the nickname would be Lola Because the Lo sound at the end of Willow. Is this nickname too far away from willow? is it too dissimilar? DEf dont want Lola as the official name but love as a nickname...

Also so first name Willow, what do you think of the middle name Raven? I love birds and all my artwork at college years ago would always have a raven in the background so I do have an affinity for them. DO you think its weird name?

So she would be Willow Raven, alternatively she could be Willow grace or Willow Rose. Opinons greatly appreciated. I really worry what people think far too much and dont want people to not like our girls name! x

I like raven as its different

Lola is a cleaver nickname, and probably better than Billie because its more feminine

Oh thanks love reassurance! hey Billie I never thought of that! good to have as an idea!

I like Lola as a nickname, although I wouldn't know that her name was willow from that nickname.

Would it be a nickname for just you to use? I was just wondering if then she's being called Lola all the time by everyone, she might then be known as this by her friends rather than Willow in which case I think you may as well have Lola as her first name - If that makes sense?!

I prefer Willow Rose to Grace or Raven. Raven is a little too out there for my liking but its your baby, go with what you love! Xx

I like Willow Raven. It's different. It's also a little Wiccan, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! If you do use the middle name Raven, you could call her Rae as a nickname. I just think Lola is really different from Willow. It's cute, but it's an entirely different established name on its own.

Yes I agree with you entirely. Thanks, i know what u mean about Lola, its so very different in style. I think she will Be Willow Raven :)

I love the name willow, Lola is a little off like I wasn't sure of the connection till u explained about the low at the end of willow, then it made perfect sense. Just expect others to maybe think the same. And be aware nicknames tend to sometimes dominate so make sure you like it

I think willow is an unusual name, as is Raven so personally would choose a more common name for the middle name. But it's your choice and if it means something go for it

I understand the Lo sound, I dont get Lola from Willow but I also dont get Jim from James or Bob from Robert.

If you love it, go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->