Girl name dilemmas...

sticky_wishes

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Due our :yellow: bundle in 9.5 weeks. Boys name is sorted (they are so much easier :wink:

Girls name has been a dilemma, I've given DH lots of suggestions but he hasn't been sure what he likes (don't think he ever thinks we will have a girl. There were 60yrs in his family with no girl born!)

We have one name we both love (which is unisex and will be the babies name if its a boy, if not name will be saved for next baby)...but i dont think it goes with the mn which has family significance. So i wanted us to chose a different girls fn.

I love, Hadley nn Haddles, Hads, Haddie :cloud9:

He prefers Piper nn Pip

I suggested Piper but then backtracked as DS1 has a name ending -per and so I think it would be too similar, rhymy which I don't want.

Should I just now wait till baby arrives and let their little face decide??

I prefer Hadley and agree with you that it's better with Cooper.

Thanks! I think Hadley and Cooper sound lovely together :cloud9:

DH likes it, hopefully he will fall in love with the name if baby is a girl

I think Hadley and Cooper are awesome together!
I also don't think Piper and Cooper are too rhymey, but I do see what you mean. nn Pipe & Coop sounds kinda cute

Thanks! I think both names are the same style as Cooper, and I LOVE the nicknames. But for me Hadley makes the best sibset ��

I think Hadley goes better with Cooper. If you like Piper/Pip though, what about Pippa? It sounds very similar but you wouldn't have 2 -er names then.

Thanks! That's a great alternative! If DH isn't in love with Hadley il suggest Pippa

hi I have a pippa (not short for phillipa though) it gets shortened to pip. she was going to be a piper but ended up pippa louise :D

I def think Cooper & Hadley go well together, and Haddie is a cute nickname -- but now that I heard Pippa, I prefer that - esp. since your hubby loves the nickname "Pip"!

Cooper & Pippa look great together!!

Plus, since there has not been a girl born in your OHs family in 60 years - I think you should celebrate a PINK bundle with a very feminine name (rather than a unisex name like Hadley).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->