Girl name opinions please :)

Kirs_t

Very Cautiously Pregnant!
Reaction score
We have found out we are having a little girl and have narrowed it down to 4 names - but we can't settle on one. What do you think?

Our top two names are: Lily and Gracie

And we also like: Isabel and Gennevieve (Evie)

Your opinions are greatly appreciated :)

I like all of these names however they are all very popular so personally I would would go with Gennevieve nn Evie. We had Evie picked out as just Evie for the birth cert name. I wanted Evangaline NN Evie but OH said no :-(

Genneviene Grace sounds good to me as does Evie Grace. Your bub will have a beautiful name no matter what you choose!

Ooooh I love Evie Grace!

We haven't looked at names properly yet but we both like Zoe. We call her Billie Jean at the minute though haha as in MJ!! We sing little songs to her to the tune of Billie Jean. She will not actually be called Billie Jean when she arrives though! The initials would cause her too many problems!! :)

Thanks girls- I love Evie too. It's my fav, but on the 'b list' as Dh best friend has a daughter called Eva!

Elleff- Zoe is just beautiful! My sister is Zoe and it is a gorgeous name xxx

Gennevieve also means 'white wave' which I thought would be nice as Dh loves to surf!

His fav is Gracie. What do you think as a first name?

I'd picked out the name Isabella Grace for my first if baby was a girl, luckily baby was a boy because afterwards I realised just how popular those names were and I personally didn't want an overly popular name but that might not bother you, they are all lovely names though

Lily - 8/10... classic and beautiful
Gracie - 0/10... hate it and grace, horrible overused, uncreative and unattractive name imho
Isabel - 6/10... beautiful but popular
Gennevieve (Evie) - 7/10... much more unique prefer the nn Jenny or Vi though

Genevieve Lily is best

Gennevieve nn Genna or Vie to avoid the Eva thing :)

Genevieve is by far the nicest name you have there, so much so it may just go on my list!!

Lily I'd go for .....

I've got a Isabelle and I hate it now - I didn't realize how common it is - at play groups there is literally 5/6 Isabelle's . Suppose depends where u are in the world and whether u want a common name or not ,...... Just saying as no one told me that so common and she's not one yet but certainly a VERY / Too common name in my view wish I'd of known a year ago every girl seems to have it in their name at the moment !

Lily I'd go for .....

I've got a Isabelle and I hate it now - I didn't realize how common it is - at play groups there is literally 5/6 Isabelle's . Suppose depends where u are in the world and whether u want a common name or not ,...... Just saying as no one told me that so common and she's not one yet but certainly a VERY / Too common name in my view wish I'd of known a year ago every girl seems to have it in their name at the moment !

that was like Harry when my son was born, EVERY little boy was called Harry and every mam said they had no idea it was popular lol

you could give her a more unique nickname at only 1 year old it wont be hard, my nickname that I use every day didnt really start till I was nearly 9, most others will either be Izzy or Belle so you could use something like:

Isa (ice-a)
Sabel
Elle
Zizi or Sisi (zee-zee or see-see)
Abe or Abel (although they sound a bit masculine)

Haha- Harry was on our list of names if it was a boy!! Seems we like the classic/popular names :)

Thanks for all of your help girls! Genevieve and Lily seem to be the top picks for us! Xxx

I LOVE the name Lily, its so sweet & i think it would suite any age :) it'd be in my top name list if there wasnt already another lily in the family, & its too similar to my name x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->