Girls HELP!So scared of labor!

MajaMN

Reaction score
:cry:
Hello girls
My name is Maja,i am 26 years old and i am expecting my first baby
My due date is 07.09.2014 i and i am so scared
I was suffering from panic attacks,and anxiety,so i guess that is why i am so scared
I had a bad thoughts,i dont have fear of pain,i know that it hurts,my fear is so emberassing,i have fears that i will die during labor,me and my baby,that i wont be able to see her growing,that i will leave my husband that i love so much,mommy daddy sister brother,and they will have bad life
All this is because the BIG wish of having baby,i couldnt believe that something so perfect can happend to me and my family,they are all waitng for my baby but i think that i will not make it :(
I read so much bad stories,i cant help myself,two weeks ago a women died because epidural :(
Please if anyone has the same fear,or now how to help tell me
i am 37 week pregnant ,sorry for this girls but i am really scared i really want my baby girl and everything to be fine
i know that milions of woman are having babies every minute but i cant help myself :cry::cry::cry::cry:
:baby::baby::baby::baby:

Oh dear, I can relate to the panic attacks. I found that relaxing in the bath to spa like music helped me and I played it when I was induced into labour.

Your body is built to do this and the hospital staff won't do anything to put you or baby in harm. Just Listen to what your body is telling you to do. Pushing is a massive relief after labour. Take the gas and air, it's amazing I was so chilled out my hubby had to keep waking me up and a cool damp facecloth on your face works wonders.

Once you go into labour you can't stop it. Try to go with the flow. Take as much pain relief as you need but ask for it before you think you need it so it's ready for you. It can take some time for the anesthesiologist to arrive. They will let you know what is available, learn about this before you go. Don't set your heart on a birth plan. Just know that regardless of any plan you make things will go whatever way your body decides. Try go in with an open mind and go with the flow. Bring your comforts with you, a pillow from home or other things that relax you.

Everything will go just as it's meant to and your sweetheart will be in your arms soon. Birth is such a wonderful thing, I can't wait to do it again.

Just keep reminding yourself that your not only going into labour, but your going to meet your baby. The precious kicks will soon become cuddles and kisses.

You will be awesome and you can do this!

Xxxx

Thanks Krissi

I will be thinking of this

You are very kind
thank u so much,i know and i cant wait to meet my baby girl but i cannot stop thinking of bad things
i think that is because of the bad stories that i ve read and heard :(

Its hard not to think of bad things, its only natural. Yes bad things do happen in childbirth but its important to remember that it is rare. I used to seek out bad stories that scared me rather than staying away from them. Try not to look at them anymore. You are going to be fine.

Oh gosh, I just want to give you a big hug! :hugs:. Have you told your MW how much you're worrying? She may be able to give you some tips for coping. Have you looked into hypnobirthing? I know it can be a real help for people who are anxious about labour. Otherwise maybe just try to remind yourself of all the things that are in place to keep you safe, and to deal with any problems that could arrise.

Oh gosh, I just want to give you a big hug! :hugs:. Have you told your MW how much you're worrying? She may be able to give you some tips for coping. Have you looked into hypnobirthing? I know it can be a real help for people who are anxious about labour. Otherwise maybe just try to remind yourself of all the things that are in place to keep you safe, and to deal with any problems that could arrise.

No my dear:( it so embarassing to talk with anyone that u think u will die:( i tried but everyone tells me stop it u wont die. I know that is crazy but i cant help my mind... i am thinking every minute of it and i am 38 week pregnant.. i cant wait to see my girl but i am scared i dont think that i will see her:( i havent tried hipnobirthing here in my country i dont think i xan find such thing :( thank u for helping me u are so sweet

Its hard not to think of bad things, its only natural. Yes bad things do happen in childbirth but its important to remember that it is rare. I used to seek out bad stories that scared me rather than staying away from them. Try not to look at them anymore. You are going to be fine.

Thank u i am trying not to read them. :( but i wanted at first to see how bad things can happened. and now i only feel worse .:(

Hi Maja,
I am sorry that you have such a fear!
Concerning hypnobirthing - do you have the possibility to download MP3s? There is an English site that I have seen praised and recommended several times and I have downloaded a couple of tracks from there (The IVF Companion and - once we finally were pregnant - Pregnancy Relaxation.) In two weeks I will be starting the birthing hypnotherapy tracks.
Perhaps you could try that? Here is the link to the website : https://www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk
I wish you lots of luck and labour dust - try to feel more confident and get into a positive frame of mind. Could you perhaps find a doula or someone you can talk to about your fears - don't undermine them, they are very real for you and no-one will think you are being silly! Sending you lots of :hugs:

Thank u so much dear,i am downloading it now...
hope it will help because my mind and thoughts are killing me:cry:

That's great that you are able to purchase and download.
Make sure you can take the time to let yourself "fall" when you listen to the tracks. Find a quiet place where you can be comfortable, close doors, turn phones off - make sure you won't be disturbed for about 45 minutes, and let the music + words wash over you.

I wish you the best of luck :)

I'm sorry that you are feeling so anxious and afraid. I suffer from anxiety disorder (although have managed it quite well for many years now) and know how debiltating it can be.

Coming from someone who has given birth with anxiety I fully agree with what bubumaci suggested. I did the same program for my last birth and it worked amazingly well. A few pointers:

1)Make sure you listen to the session once a day, EVERY day from this day forward until birth.

2)As suggested, completely relax while you listen. Find somewhere quiet where you can either lie down or sit for 40 minutes. At times it seems like a lot of time to devote each day but the pay off is worth it.

3)I recommend listening to the hypnosis session while you're in labour. I was in hospital for my birth and brought a set of headphones and an mp3 player with me. It was GREAT for drowning out any noise that may make me nervous and really made me stay focused and calm. I played the session through out most of my labour (it was 36 hours so I'm pretty sure my husband was more than tired of listening to it, lol! But you do what works!!).

Lastly, I know it can be hard but stay away from reading any more bad stories online. Googling is great for giving worst case scenarios and can make any of us frantic or worried. Having a positive attitude and staying calm can help immensly during labour so keep listening to your download!

I was scared too. It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Yes it hurt but just take each contraction as it comes and you will get through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->