Girls name spelling help please :-)

lexey_7

Reaction score
Hi ladies :)

Was hoping you could help me please. I'm having a little girl due August 16th and we had decided her name would be Aoife (pronounced Aa-fah). The more we've been thinking about it decided that we would rather it was pronounced Aa-fia but not sure how to adjust the spelling :-/

Do you have any suggestions?

(Also, sneaky add this in, my moms nan was called Violet and I know she would love if we used this name but.. babies surname will be Van Deventer as my OH is Dutch, do you think it's too many V's?) I like Harlow for the middle name but as the first choice is pretty much just mine trying to be fair.

Thank you xxx

With the aa-fia spelling... How about Afia, Aafia, or Aphia.

With the name violet with the surname, there are a lot of v's but it does sound nice. :)

i can understand wanting to change the spelling but im not sure how

i think violet van daventer is fine

my niece is Aoife and i always have heard it pronounced E-fa..... You could spell you DD's name lots of ways and i think the idea of the name you like if very very pretty.

Aphia maybe??? like sophia but replace the so with an A

Aafia
Aafea
Afia
Afea
Aphia
Aphea

I think Aa-fia Violet sounds very nice, and your last name sounds fine with it :)
I'm actually not too fond of Aa-fia Harlow, although I love Harlow, just not sure if they sound great together

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->