Girl's name Tegan or Teagan - spelling help

phoebemum

Reaction score
Hi

I have 2 choices for a girl, one of them being Tegan/Teagan

Just need some help with spelling.

Can you tell me what "looks the most normal" and vote?

Thanks so much x

My LO is called Teagan. I put the 'a' in as I thought it would help people pronounce it properly. I know a few people who pronounce Tegan as 'TEG-AN' not 'TEA-GAN' if that makes sense!
I preferred the spelling 'Tegan' but OH didn't. Now though I think it looks much better with the a.. Good name choice ;)

Thanks so much ladies

For some reason I am leaning towards Tegan

I looked up meanings and it says Teagan means little poet (English) and Tegan (Welsh) means blessed and beautiful.

I'm a bit undecided.

Thanks so much for the help xxx

Thanks so much ladies, all answers very much appreciated xx

I say Teagan! Thats how I would guess to spell it for a girl. I know someone who is male named Tegan, so I don't think of that spelling as a girl's name. Beautiful sounding either way!

I see Tegan too often, Teagan is a cooler way to spell it I think

Thanks ladies.

going by everyone's replies I feel maybe Teagan is now more appropriate for a girl, changed my mind again :haha:

Just happy to have a name for my little one. don't know if it's a girl yet but if it is this is her name!!

really appreciate replies xx:hugs:

Thought I'd weigh in as a Welsh speaker, Tegan is technically correct but of course with baby names you can vary it as much as you want! But had to mention that despite the baby name books saying that the name means 'blessed, beautiful' or 'little poet', Tegan actually literally means 'toy', and teagan doesn't mean anything, just a variation on spelling. Take baby name meanings with a pinch of salt, they are often made up.

Thought I'd weigh in as a Welsh speaker, Tegan is technically correct but of course with baby names you can vary it as much as you want! But had to mention that despite the baby name books saying that the name means 'blessed, beautiful' or 'little poet', Tegan actually literally means 'toy', and teagan doesn't mean anything, just a variation on spelling. Take baby name meanings with a pinch of salt, they are often made up.

Thanks very much for the info :thumbup:

Interesting how all these meanings can be different or are sometimes made up!!

I noticed the first time around with my daughter that certain names had different meanings on different websites!!

I will bear it in mind.

xx

Our baby girl will be called Elin which if you look it up is supposed to mean nymph, so I'm choosing to ignore that meaning! Love that there are some Welsh names making it into mainstream baby name lists :)

I am obsessed with this name and although I dont know what we are having yet if we have a girl her name will be Teagan Noelle or Teagan Kate!!!!!!

Our baby girl will be called Elin which if you look it up is supposed to mean nymph, so I'm choosing to ignore that meaning! Love that there are some Welsh names making it into mainstream baby name lists :)

Hehe, these meanings make me laugh. As long as you don't mind the meaning then that's all that matters.

My daughter is Phoebe and her name is a traditional Greek name with a lovely meaning so I wanted to have a nice meaning for another one too.

I may just have to go with the book meaning and if it isn't true then oh well!!

PS Elin is gorgeous xx

I am obsessed with this name and although I dont know what we are having yet if we have a girl her name will be Teagan Noelle or Teagan Kate!!!!!!

Its a fab name isn't it!!!!

I had it first time round but people put me off, this time I'm not telling them as I just love it.

I adore Noelle too, absolutely gorgeous name xx

Just to add that in Cornwall, Tegan is pronounced 'Teg-un' and means 'pretty little thing. So to me if you wanted to call her 'Tee-gan', the Teagan spelling is correct.

I wanted a Cornish name for my LO and we were considering Tegan, but I knew she would always get called Teagan by mistake, which is not Cornish and doesn't go so well with our surname. But hey, he's a boy so it's not a problem!

Thanks for the info!!

Such a hard one as I like both the spellings.

Just wonder if people think Tegan is more masculine?

Thanks x

Teagan is on my list, i think from what ive read Teagan is the irish spelling, my mum is irish so i would go with that x :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->