Girls names to go with Stanley

hinkybinky

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi, am looking for some help with naming our pink bump! I nearly fell off the sonographer's bed when she said we are having a girl; we had lots of boys' names as we were convinced it'd be another boy. I, for some reason, assumed girls' names were easy but we are drawing a blank!!

There are some restrictions which I think is what's making it difficult...

1) needs to 'go' with ds name Stanley / Stan
2) Can't end in an 'o' sound or an 'a' sound as surname starts with O and I don't like how that sounds
3) must be obvious how to pronounce and spell it (I'm a teacher and feel so sorry for children whose names cause confusion!)
4) Can't end in a 't' or a 'l' as the local accent tends not to enunciate those letters.

Haha, I think that is all!! Fussy? Me?

I love the names Charlotte and Harriet but know it'll annoy me when people say them without the 't' at the end.
I also love Georgina (nn Georgie) but again the 'a' on the end annoys me when it runs into the surname.

Any suggestions gratefully received xxx

Alice
Madeline
Penelope
Felicity
Josephine
Dorothy
Elizabeth
Florence
Elinore
Juliette
Margaret
Abigail
Beatrice
Emily
Prudence
Constance
Caroline
Anne

Brilliant, thank you! Will try some of these out on OH and see what he thinks. Some great suggestions :flower:

I love Florence and Stanley together, they sound really good together, and Florence is such a classic name!

My gran and grandad's surname was Stanley my gran's first name was Doris, could I tempt you with that as an old fashioned name?!

Nicole
Amber
Summer
Brianne (maybe too rhymey with Stan?)
June
Paisley
Renee
Taryn

I think we might be leaning towards Penelope, possibly with Margaret for a middle name (my nan's name) :)

Stanley &

Eden
Cassidy
Rosalie
Natalie
Claire
Sophie
Ashlynn

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics