Giselle?

steph.

Two little girls!
Reaction score
What do you think of the name Giselle? I think it sounds sophisticated but have been getting mixed reviews from those around me.

My other choice at the moment is Sienna but here in Australia its really common (n.13) which is putting me off a bit.

Any other names suggestions which you think are elegant?

Also do you think she would have a problem being called "Jiz", as in sperm? This is what my dh said :(

I assume Giselle will shorten to Elle or Ellie

I think of the world famous model to be honest strutting on Victoria secret runways, but I prefer it to sienna

I wouldn't think so. I know a little girl called Giselle and she doesn't have that problem :)
It's a pretty name. Her mum calls her Gigi as a nickname.

I think you make could make the nickname. I do see your hubby's point because generally people shorten using the first part of the name.

I think its elegant because it is a beautiful ballet.

Genevieve, Vivienne, Aurora, Evelyn, Claudia.

Not one of the names I like, sorry. Also diesel came to my mind immediately.

Giselle makes me think gazelle. Honestly, the "jizz" possibility would put me right off too, especially now that it's in your husband's head!

Could you give some other names you like or have thought about to put us on the right track with suggestions?

I'm not a fan sorry, I would think secondary school children will instantly pick up on the 'jiz' thing and also it reminds me of 'gazelle' when I look at it.

I think Giselle is pretty and I think the nickname GiGi is absolutely adorable. :)

It is going to depend on how the name is pronounced if people are going to call her Jizz.

I pronounce the name with a 'G' in mind like 'George' as opposed to the 'J' sound like "Jizz" or "jig"

What do you think of the name Giselle? I think it sounds sophisticated but have been getting mixed reviews from those around me.

My other choice at the moment is Sienna but here in Australia its really common (n.13) which is putting me off a bit.

Any other names suggestions which you think are elegant?

I love the name..I have a matounte Giselle and I considered it for my last daughter. It's a French name and i think It's beautiful =)

I think it's quite pretty. I guess I don't think of it as Jiz or Gazelle because I pronounce it softer, like "Jisselle." I'm in southern California and all the latina girls with this name pronounce it like that, so maybe that's why I don't think of the "s" as being a hard "z" sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->