Give me PIE!!!

MacBabby

Reaction score
Arghhh, I'm 7 weeks and the carb cravings have hit hard. I need pasta, pizza, Cornish pasties and a pie NOW!!!
I managed to loose a stone of baby weight before ttc and I'm determined to not pile it back on unnecessarily but hunger makes me feel nauseous and the carbs make me feel great, if only for an hour then I feel like I need more, yikes 😓
Anyone else trying to curb an insatiable appetite?

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and craving so much savoury stuff like cheese and crisps! I put on so much with my first and really don't want to do it again but struggling to curb my appetite already....

Ditto to all of this. I constantly feel starving and sick. I'm still starving whilst eating, then it's curbed a bit, then hits me like 20 minutes after i'm done eating. I'm really struggling finding food that doesn't make me feel like i'm going to puke, but bread and cheese seems to be what i want today! I also gained a ton of weight with my son and don't want to do it again, but what do you do when healthy meats and veggies make you want to vomit? :(

I'm power marching everywhere, pushing my pram up hills and leaving the car at home all to try and cancel out some of the bread and pastry I've been eating. The thought of one of my pre-preg salads or fish makes me want to wretch. I hope this doesn't last for another 33 weeks or I'm screwed!

Im 7.5 weeks pregnant with twins and feeling so yuk! my once crazy sweet tooth has gone, biscuits are my arch nemesis! I want carbs, in particular chicken tikka pasties and as soon as I read the name of your post and 'pie' I suddenly want a chicken pie! I feel so rough but rougher if i dont eat and the food makes me feel better for about 20 minutes then rough again. The only sweet things I want is juicy fruity ice lollies. Fruit pastel lollies mmmm so refreshing!

Definitely savoury over sweet. I used to love chocolate but now I couldn't care less. Give me a freshly baked steak pie with a side of corned beef hash!

Pizza for lunch...it's all about the bread and cheese!!! I usually have a crazy sweet tooth but there's chocolate and sour patch kids in my cabinet that have been there for daaaaayyyyys. Hubs is not impressed with my new diet :(

I only had cravings in my last pregnancy, but I found that I would crave things for a couple of weeks and then be over it and move on to something new. If you're really worried about putting on too much weight then maybe have something else with a small amount of whatever food you're craving? It may satisfy the cravings and also fill you with something less fattening

Me too! I haven't noticed it until my MIL said I'm already showing... I'm barely 8 weeks... Not ok!

My excuse is that I'm nauseous if I'm feeling hungry..: so snacking is a must. Now I need to choose healthier options...lol.

Omg tish, my MIL said the same thing last week and i'm just now over 7 weeks! She says, "oh, you're starting to get a little belly on you already! You know you show earlier with the second." :growlmad: not THIS early!

I'm sure they meant well Giggle, it's just a touchy subject because I know how much I'm eating...:haha:

Maybe it will even out after the first trimester...

Does a PP craving count? :haha:

I had GD and ever since giving birth I have been craving everything pumpkin!! Including pumpkin pie!!

Oh god, I'm 6w and I've been getting the nauseous hungry feeling too! Except my cravings are for anything and everything sweet(thanks, baby). Ice cream seems to be the current thing that gets rid of the nausea and sates me. I gained 5 lbs in 1 week... thankfully I've been watching myself all weekend and was able to get my weight back under control. I have a feeling weight will be the biggest struggle for me because I refuse to run like I normally do (I ran with previous pregnancies that I miscarried with so I am not taking ANY chances this time) but I have been trying to walk a lot.

My last pregnancy I had to put a hair elastic through the button hole of my jeans at 6 weeks! Luckily it was cold weather and I had my big coat and loose jumpers. I announced right before the kids went back to school after Easter and needed to wear lighter clothes.

The jeans are still fitting, JUST, but my boobs are so big my shirts are getting too tight. I don't know how far I'm going to go before people suspect. The fact I'm randomly heaving and retching all over the place might be a give away first!

Oh I know your pain, I'm 5 w 2 d and the only thing I want to eat are chicken nuggets! I would kill to have chicken nuggets every single day lol. I'm really trying to be fit during my pregnancy but this is so hard.

I tried today guys. I had a cucumber salad and nearly puked it up in my car. Went home and ate a smal microwavable pizza. No issues. Wtf. My body just doesn't want anything but bread and cheese and cream! I actually felt ok after the pizza, and decided to eat a little ice cream after. Nope! It's not pure cream, it's got sugar, stomach's like "WHAT DID YOU DO???"

I bought crescent rolls to bake and keep on back up. Crackers aren't compatible. This is rediculous lol.

ugh, I WISH my body wanted something other than sugary and processed crap! I'm generally a fairly clean eater (zucchini noodle pasta is love!) but all my body wants right now is crap like kraft dinner and ice cream. :(

Lol, i know exactly how you feel! I RARELY ate carbs, used to have smoothies daily. My zucchini plant is really bumpin' them out now and i can't eat them. Hubs cooked some yesterday and i couldn't stand the smell, felt like it was stuck on me even after i left the house!

Ninja, are you in the states? The ice cream i ate yesterday was TO DIE FOR. Pumpkin ice cream from trader joes....felt sick after eating it but omg....so good in my mouth...nom nom nom

No, I'm in Canada but I found a gingerbread cookie ice cream that I can't get enough of!!! I hear ya about the zucchini... Hubby brought home 3 huge ones from a friend's garden because he knows how much I love it and just the thought of them makes me cringe. I'm planning on hiding it in a lemon bluebarry zucchini cake. lol! Might have to shred and freeze the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->