Give the gift of life this Christmas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplespecs

Reaction score
Following on from the food bank post I thought I would just mention giving blood this Christmas. Most of this country has a busy few weeks coming up and the blood service normally sees a drop in donations around this time - people often don't have the time or forget to give blood this close to Christmas but the need for blood continues just the same. So here's my plea - if you could find an hour to donate blood (and you are able to) you could save someone like me this Christmas. I had a severe PPH and lost almost 3 litres of blood when I had DS1. I wouldn't have thought twice to whether the blood would be there, I just expected it would be. One donation of blood could save 3 adults or 12 children - if you can, please give the gift of life this Christmas! Check out www.blood.co.uk for more information and to make an appointment. Thank you :)

https://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p753/Nikki_Giffard/blood_zps7c380a9f.jpg

Last time I went to donate I got turned away coz Ididnt have enough iron apparently? But I will look up local places to give blood and try again :thumbup:

Unfortunately I can't donate as I've had a transfusion myself. I'm hoping one day this changes and I can donate :flower:

I love donating! I can't this christmas due to pregnancy but I look forward to starting again in the summer :)

I also can't donate but I definitely would if I could. My sister does all the time :)

Wonderful post. :) I'm hoping to donate again for the first time in about 5 years soon ( 3 kids, a blood clot and piercings and a tattoo have all stopped me). DS1 had a kidney transplant 2 years ago and had several blood transfusions adter as he was very poorly. X

Ive looked it up and there is a session not too far from me tomorrow evening eek! Im gonna go :happydance:

I have blood for the first time a few months back !!! I passed out in the cafe
After but I still have my next app and have now joined
The Anthony Nolan register too !!

I wanted to give blood but I didn't meet their requirements (weight too low) OH does though.
Pregnancy has stopped me this time.
I'd love to donate marrow as an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"