Giving birth after a Miscarriage???-Updated Post#22 Page 3

I've never given full term birth, but I did have a miscarriage yesterday at 12 weeks.

I refuse to believe the contractions I experienced yesterday were more minimal than the contractions of regular labor. With regular labor, you get a space between the contractions until the very end. With my mc, I had one, horribly intense contraction for over an hour. No breaks, no momentary reprieves, just one long horrible and deep contraction. I kept thinking there would be a break, but no such luck. My uterus was contracting alllllllllllll the way down because there was no full sized baby in there to stop it, so the squeeze was more intense I believe.
I was crawling on the floor screaming for an hour.
I finally fainted from the pain after passing a majority of the clots and fetal sac. I woke up 4 hours later and felt...better. Thought I was ok, felt like I was a real tough guy, and then within 2 hours I was near fainting again and had to be rushed to the ER. I lost so much blood my body went into shock and I had a bp of 80 systolic. They almost had to give me blood. They gave me one bag of saline, it did nothing to raise my pressure, so they gave me another huge bag and got me only to 100 systolic. I was discharged. I still feel lightheaded and weak but not quite as bad.
I realize full term labor has the added pain of pushing out something around 20 inches, but that's a different pain, that's a stretching pain. The contractions with a m/c, at least with mine, were more intense than those of a normal birth. I felt like my womb was being crushed by a 200lb object while set on fire and it was constant, not even 30 seconds between contractions.
I'm still glad I did it naturally. I feel like my body may just be the type that delivers quickly. And even if it isn't, I got to experience something amazing and be floored by my endurance. Breathing helped a little, now I know a bit about how to withstand labor [though I have a lot to learn]. I'd still opt for an epidural, most likely, but who knows.
I am definitely glad I didn't get a DnC. If I ever m/c again I still won't get a DnC. I'll go to the hospital though so they can monitor my blood loss so I don't almost die again, lol.

Wow. Old thread. I guess i can answer my own question now seeing how ive given birth twice since having my MC.

First off, [natural] MC pain is NOTHING like labor pains (or at least for me that is). The pain is different though. The biggest thing that was painful with the MC as oppsed to the births was that i would get breaks w the contractions during a full term birth. With the MC i rarely got a break. But that pain was far less painful and it only lasted 1 hour.

DS1 birth was very long and extremly more painful bc he was face up and born that way (OUCH!) I still had an unmedicated vaginal birth but it was long and hard bc of all of that back labor (which is a gazllion times worse than the MC pains).My labor was 30 hours with him. my water broke at 41+4, naturally, and then he was born at 41+5. I believe it took so long bc of his position, but then again first time labors can take forever, i suppose.

With DS2 my water broke about 30 hours before active labor started. but once i got to 4cm it went FAST. I had no back labor with this one. the contractions lasted about 3 minutes and then i would get a 10 second break and have another 2-3 minute contraction. So far far more intense and more painful than my MC. But i went from 4CM to placenta in 1 hr and 15 minutes. My MC was exactly an hour (once i started getting the cramps and such). So i suppose this birth was similar to my MC in that i rarely had breaks w the contractions and that it was so fast. but still, the pain is FAR more intense with labor of a full term.

To conclude, i dont think my MC made a difference. I think each baby has to be born the way they need to be born. I was thankful that the birth with DS2 was so short though and im hoping for a repeat with thisone. MC is NO indiciation of how your birth will go. And to me, MC pain compared to labor pains...i would say that was a cake walk in comparison (though, again, it was still painful).

I wouldn't think so. I delivered my first at 26 weeks and it was only 2 hours of any pain at all though, so was REALLY fast (especially for a first). My MC actually took a bit longer from when bleeding started to actually passing POC. I'm a bit worried about making it to the hospital this time, so hopefully I'll already be in the hospital when things start up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->